how much paint do i need

markstree

about how much paint do i need to cover my 96 club car ds..keep in mind i have never painted with a gun..only spray cans..so what ever way would be better..thanks :usa:

dougmcp

Depends on how many times you're going to paint it. :rotflmao:

Seriously, you should be good to go and lots left over with a quart of color (2-3 coats) and a quart of clear coat (2-3 coats).
Wet sand with 2000 grit and buff when you're done for a show car finish.

chachi44089

Do you need to add a flexable additive? My friend said that standard automotive paint would crack because the body is flexable..Any opinions or experience on that?

markstree

im planing on using the Dupli-Color Paint Shop..they say its all pre mixed..so im hoping i wont screw it up..lol

dougmcp

Although it was true of paints years ago, I don't think you need to worry about it now.
Most paints today have a flex additive already in them because of all the automotive bumpers, trim and other plastic parts that get painted.

dougmcp

You'll do fine. When you're laying on the coats, don't just dust them, lay the paint on heavy enough to see the gloss but not so heavy that it runs.
A few practice pieces would be good to do before you attack the cart.

markstree

ok...thanks for the help.i hope i can find the point between the dust clouth and the paint running..im going to do what your saying about the practice.i got some pic's of it before and i will get some after the lift,wheels,paint and seats are all put on..doing them all at once..its so much fun..i love this stuff..its like really good drugs as in once you start you cant stop..lol..

dougmcp

Just lay the paint on until it gets wet looking not dull and with a little practice you should be fine.
If you have a little dull section or 2 at the end you can wet sand and buff that out without too much trouble.

shadowman

keep in mind that before you even start painting the prep work is more important........without good prep work even picasso would do a lousy job so spend extra time on preparation.