How Low Can Your Battery Pack Voltage Get Before the Cart Stops Working?

Tiremantony

I recently upgraded from 36-48v on my monster. I added another 12v golf cart battery and swapped my solenoid. My main question is since my Alltrax controller works down to 36 volts does that mean I have longer run time being all the way down to and under 36v?

Pat911

Cartaholic
You want to run your 48v batteries all the way down to 36v or below? That's 9v on each 12v battery. You'll be replacing your batteries on a monthly basis if you do so. Plus, there's not much capacity left below 45v, you really shouldn't go below 48v with lead acid, which is around 50% SOC if you want them lo last.

Tiremantony

Ok I see what you mean.
I now have a new issue! I have a Power Wise QE charger model 917-4810 got it a few weeks back. It charged just fine to begin with but now it either gives me back and forth green and red flashes for a total of 5 reds. Or it gives me a single red flash.

I just replaced the charge port figuring the recently purchased Amazon one had gone faulty. Well same issues with the new port. Said charge port doesn't have the standard red, black, gray, blue wires. It instead has two blacks one of which has the little box at the end. So I have the box end black and red on pack positive terminal and the black on pack Negative terminal.
My digital voltage meter on the pack reads 49.4 v after about 5 or 6 miles of driving. I need to be able to get this thing charging again so I don't mess up my new batteries. I am very mechanical as I am an automotive service tech for a living. I have done all my own work to this just hit a wall with this issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Tiremantony

Possibly. Yesterday it would do the red-green flashes then act like it wanted to charge for 15 or 20 seconds then surge or click on and off until I unplugged it so it wouldn't have more issues. Also so I could do some research. Was hoping it was something silly that happened and maybe an easy fix.

Tiremantony

The guy I got the charger from has another one he is willing to let me use and see if it does anything differently. I was just looking for ideas.

Tiremantony

Slight update. I have a 36v electronic II charger for my other kart. I hooked up a charge port to 3 of the 4 batteries and it has zero issue working. So I'm gonna assume the pack is good and the charger is the problem. Any other troubleshooting I can try on the power wise?

Pat911

Cartaholic
Don’t know anything about the power wise, sorry. All I can suggest is trying it on another cart.