How Hard Could It Be

GarageBuilt

Well both Robby & Krazy Karts are fast!!!! This I have seen with my own eyes.... Now just how easy is it ????? It's damn easy if you have the talent to build a drag golf cart capable of staying together at 100 mph mostly using stock parts ... Now you need the technology.... Starting out with a stock golf cart motor and getting it to live at 144-volts to 250- volts gets a little tricky... Technology also covers the batteries when & how to use them.... Now comes the real easy part... An old saying that stills holds true today .... Speed cost,,,, how fast do you want to go !!!!????????..

S.E.R.

i know thats right...my a$$ still feels it ...one day i will give up on 7.99 and be happy with 8.67

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
i also would like to run 7.99 on a stock chassis and seat and cup holder golf cart i have a ways to go

we are going for robby's 48 volt record first we are alot closer to that then the 98 mph

S.E.R.

waiting on GOT_EZGO (Mark) to perfect it first. He's almost there a week or two and we will know for sure :)

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
well i have decided to get out of the heavy equipment work and concentrate on engine and Restoration jobs. its a lot easier to blast and paint scooters than folk lifts etc, started sellin' off my big lifts and bore welder and should have around 12K to roll into a electric drag cart. i been told that i don't have the brain power or skills to build a fast cart but i think i'm gonna give it a go. got my local battery distributor looking into the heaviest ones i can buy, a 1000 lbs is alot of weight but it looks like thats what the smart fellers are doin' so it must be the way to go. rounded up some horns, sand trap rack and got a sweet deal on a smoke machine from a retiring karaoke dude.
its a start anyways :dazed: you know what they say,, in drag racing the more worthless :censored: you can hang on em' the faster ya go.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've got a ball washer I pulled off a cart I just bought I'll donate to you Nubs.
You've got to have one to go fast. :rotflmao:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Good stuff i tell ya.

i picked up a book at a garage sale today, the modern day drag racer / the golf cart series :thumbsup: by the looks of some of the post here there's a lot I need learn so I'm looking forward to readin' er' front to back.
chapter 1 talks about proper driving apparel and cart accessories, it also talks about the correct way to wave at your fans when they push up to the fence as your stagging. chapter 2 is all about drawing a large fan base by posting 8 and 10 sec clips on the net to peak interest, like previews of the fall line up on TV. later in the chapter he talks about proper parachute educate and how important it is to deploy it and then drag it back to the pits and leave it stretched out. then your suppose to walk up and down next to the shock cord with your hands on your hips and wait for people to run up to you and tell you how great you are.

lot to learn i guess o_O chapter 3 talks about how to say you have done something but are not willing to prove it. he calls it the ole pump and fake, its suppose to buy yourself more time to actually accomplish the feat after your called out :dazed: i'll try and post updates as i read on. :rolleyes:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Let me know if you find anything in the book if it's ok to hook your wheelie bars to your spring shackles. I heard a guy did that with his cart and wound up making a right turn and hitting the wall because they unloaded the rear suspension due to being hooked to the shackles.
It seems to me common sense would tell you that you wouldn't want the wheelie bars connected to the spring shackles, But according to this fella that says he's fast, actually he claims to be the fastest it's ok to hook the wheelie bars to the spring shackles or he would not have done it. :dazed:

GarageBuilt

Just don't put all that stuff on the back end of your cart. Looks like a homeless person pushing a shoping kart.... :rotflmao: