How Do I Know What Suspension Work Has Been Done?

jsepulveda

I am completely new to the golf cart world, however I believe I am in the correct site!

I recently purchased a 2009 Precedent Club Car that the wife knew her husband had done suspension work, however, she couldn't provide more information.

What would I look for if the suspension had been replaced in the last year?

I am looking to add a rear seat first, then a 3-4" lift kit with in the next 45 days. I hear that a real heavy-duty leaf spring kit is required with the seat addition.

Is there a lift kit that includes the rear heavy-duty leaf springs or is that separate?

Thank you in advance!

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Nc is correct, get hooked up with dirty, we are blessed to have him visit our site, generally daily. With that said - I have a 96 Club Car that I installed the All Sports Manufacturing lift and springs kit, I can attest they are the Cadillac and anyone who has been around carts for a bit will recognize they are the superior set up. Mine is still a work in progress - changes are ordered and coming ask I type.

He will need to know what your plans with the cart is
  • two seater or four seater
  • budget (trust me, he will not over recommend what you don't need - he actually tried to pull me back :yes: I didn't pay any attention to him :rotflmao:)
  • what will its primary use be that you are after (looks, neighborhood, trails, serious off-road....)
  • are you after speed or power performance
  • what size tires and wheel will you want
  • strictly pavement or some gravel
  • And be sure to visit with him about what rear shocks to install - he told me what to get at the local parts store, worked perfect.
  • he's a good turd, trust him and shoot straight with him and he'll get you there.

Attachments

• 2020-04-25 CC.jpg
    2020-04-25 CC.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 3

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I'll pm you my #. Please text me first or leave voice-mail. I'm doing a ton of tech daily and tickled to do it. The gang here is awesome and wouldn't steer you wrong. As the folks here said. Let's see what you have and where you want to be.
Steve

Welcome to Cartaholics! The place to be for every and anything! :hattip:

jsepulveda

Thanks for your follow up.

Moved into the new home and the car is surrounded with boxes. I look to have it cleared out this weekend to be able to snap some pictures of the suspension for your review.