How do I know what ‘94 CC DS 36v transaxle I have? Kawasaki or Graziano?

MaryJmlb

I’m a newbie to GCs and doing my own repairs to a newly acquired non-lifted ‘94 CC DS 36v with solid state controller. I have been looking at replacement parts and repair options for the outer bearings on the rear axle… replacing just the bearings, bushings, and oil seals, etc., or getting whole new right & left axle shaft assemblies that include the new new bearings, seals, etc. Apparently, replacement axle shaft assemblies are specific to a Kawasaki or a Graciano transaxle. I have absolutely no clue what transaxle is on my cart. And I am at a complete loss as to what to do next as I haven’t been able to locate a part number or any kind of identifier or marking on the outside of transaxle assembly itself (the motor yes - transaxle no) and the owner’s manual, repair manual, and parts list manual don’t address this nugget of very special information. Help!! Please! thank you.

MaryJmlb

NotsoSlim - thank you for the link to the parts list manual. I down loaded this document last year (along with the maintenance/service manual and owners’s manual). Unfortunately, I haven’t found anything in these docs that tells me the whole transaxle assembly is a kawasaki or Graziano. It only provides the overall transaxle oem part number. And I haven’t been able to find that part # on the web at all! Hence my original question…. How do I determine what transaxle is on my cart?

Notsoslim

2 questions. What leads you to believe there are 2 different transaxle assemblies? Did you google any of the part numbers from the manual beside the whole assembly number? My cart is a 2008 and the manual for it shows 2 different axle assemblies for the gas version but only one for the electric cart. One of the axles available for the gas in 2008 is a Graziano. The manual for 1994 only shows one axle option

MaryJmlb

Notsoslim - You are correct, there is only 1 part number for the whole transaxle assembly (“1017683-01 Transaxle”) in the 1994 parts manual and I have yet to find a replacement part on the web for that part number. Yes - I have googled both the right axle assembly (1013785) and the left axle assembly (1013786) from the 1994 CC DS parts manual (amongst other part numbers like the outer axle bearings, seals, etc.). The replacement axle assemblies I have found for a CC DS electric1985-96 state that the part was made for the kawasaki transaxle and not a graziano and to check your transaxle to make sure it is a Kawasaki. And I have found no markings or stamps on the transaxle itself. Hence my original question… how do I know what transaxle I have on my cart?

MaryJmlb

Here are a few pictures. Not sure how I missed the stamped CC logo and number the first time around.:eek: The stamped number isn’t in the parts list manual and I can’t find it online either. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2507.jpeg
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 12