Hot Starting Issue with a Club Car Precedent

Bigal11

Alright, it's been a while since I was on here. I think I may have found my problem. Fingers crossed.

While I was away I went ahead and replaced the starter generator thinking this was my issue but after this it was still only charging around 11.3-11.5 at full throttle and still dropping out on long runs.

I visited a brother in law after that and he told me that he had a similar issue a while back, only his would actually quit while driving, mine hasn't YET. He said an old retired repair man told him it was the rev limiter on front of the motor no doubt. He didn't believe him but replaced it anyway and it fixed his problem.

So with that being the ONLY electronic part that I haven't replaced at least once in the last 6 years I went ahead and replaced mine. Now I'm showing the generator is charging over 12.5 and so far hasn't started dropping out like it had before. He said he was also told to remove it from the front of the engine because heat was not it's friend so I moved mine as far as I could without rewiring. I'm hoping this was the problem and with the voltage increase I'm sure it was AN issue but not sure if it was the ONLY issue yet.

To be continued.....

LilSmokey2007

Hey there Bigal11, wondering if that fixed your issue? I posted in the following thread which seemed to indicate the solenoid was the culprit and advised getting a "continuous duty" solenoid. Here you're talking about the rev limiter which I wasn't seeing anywhere in my EZGO Cushman Service Parts Manual.
a) did it work for you?
b) it looked like it's just a 3" black box with some wires coming out of it - anyone know if EZGO TXT (2007) uses that method for rev limiting? I thought I saw a silver tab on the side of the engine hooked to throttle cables that was a mechanical rev limiter.
2008 Club Car Gets Hot and Won't Start