Hot rodding a G14AP?

GaryG

cool.gif
I want to go faster and rev a little higher with my G14AP. I know it's not safe to "overrev" the engine, but I want to hit the carb a little harder than it's present pale action. I am thinking about maybe installing another bolt in larger motor possibly. Does anyone know where to get regular and performance parts for this unit?

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Welcome to the forum.
tip.gif
The only bolt in kit I'm aware of is from Cart Parts Plus. He has a banner at the bottom of the page. 18-23 Vanguard. Pretty nice kit and there are loads of perf. parts.
thumbup.gif

GaryG

Hey guys thank you! I am actually doing this as a father and son project. Looking forward to spending time with him on this. Can you share some input on.... like what can I expect for speed from the 23hp vanguard swap? Oh, and a request from shorty... can we do wheelies with it?? Will it actually have enough power to pull the wheels? When the gas is applied, will I get full-open throttle? Or is it still going to automatically regulate the starting throttle position? I guess I'm looking to have the option of applying full throttle on demand. So glad I found this place
thumbup.gif
tip.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
you could just buy the engine mount and shop around for the rest of the parts. could save alot of money if your handy with stuff, and know a guy
biggrin-2.gif
tip.gif

TOM@DIXIESALES

Actully if you use the same parts we use in the kits, You can't peice it together for what we sell it for.

Gary give us a call we can put some daylight under those front tires.
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

The big motors are normally set up to idle, When you gas em its on like donky kong, Complete with air under the tires.

GaryG

Wow, thanks man. I am having a problem with my existing motor, when it gets wet it won't start for a day. Any ideas?

TOM@DIXIESALES

Yeah don't get it wet.........LOL I could not help myself. First guess would be cracked/broken coil or bad connection on the wires around coil.

h20loo

give the coil and spwire a shot of wd40 or equivalent. Spray one part at a time and if it starts then thats what you should replace. If it doesn't start- well it wont rust either!!