hot rod help

BCGC

hot rod, can you tell me if there is a way of testing a throttle sensor. in a 1998 yamaha. the problem, we are having is the cart will not move , every once and a while, it would move very little. after jacking up the rear of the cart, we could get the wheels to move, but very slowly. i called buggies support. they tell me only 2 things cause that. the controller or the throttle sensor. the problem i have now is this: part is back ordered till july 7th. i replaced the controller last year and the f and r switch the year before,i changed the solenoid saturday. just to see if it would do anything. i guess i'm a little concerned, because the guy at buggies was not terry or greg. not to say he's not 100% right, but were the cart going to be down for so long. i just been thinking! thank for you time bcgc

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not sure how to check the throttle sensor on a Yamaha. From what you describe I'd say BY was right and it's either a bad sensor or a bad controller. Have you checked the voltage on the batteries? Are you sure all your cables and connections are good?

BCGC

the batteries are brand new trojans,but i did not install them. so as far as the conection go. i'm not 100% sure. none were burning up that i noticed @ batteries. the cart ran for a whole week with them and now we have this problem.we replaced the controller last year @ this time. i sold this cart to him last year. shortly after the puchase, the controller went, so of course i replaced it. 2 years ago my son was telling me, that it would stumble if you smashed the gas to hard, so i replace the 250 amp on the solenoid and installed new heavy duty buss bars into a new f and r switch. the problem went away. so that stuff is a couple years old. the cart runs a 4 hp motor and a 400 amp controller. the guy who purchased it from me take real go care of it. he's just proud to own it. so i now it not from abuse.the guy from bu suggest the throttle sensor or the controller . were the controller was new, i jump on the sensor thing. now i just don't know. he's not going to be happy about the part being back ordered, so i guess i was hoping for somthing else! going up thursday night i'll check the voltage and cable connections. thank for your help! i wish i could buy you a beer!!!! bcgc p.s. these cart will drive a person crazy when they don't run,but when you get them running it's a graet feeling. ''untill there is another that doesn't'' thanks once again

BCGC

HOT ROD, I TRY'D NOT TO INVOLVE YOU IN THIS ONE. THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED OUT.I'M WORKING ON A BUDDY'S 1998 YAMAHA, WE CHANGED THE THROTTLE SENSOR, THE CART RAN LIKE A CHAMP HIT THE FIRST SPEED BUMP AND THE CART LOST SPEED, BUT NOT POWER STILL RUNNING NOT FAST JUST MOVING. PULLED IT INTO THE SHOP FOUND RED WIRE COMING OUT OF BACK OF CHARGING UNIT LOOSE, WE FIXED IT. CART STARTED OF SLOW BUT WAS MOVING. QUESTION IS WITH THAT WIRE BEING LOOSE WILL THE CART CHARGE OR NOT? I ASK BECAUSE THIS IS HOW IT ALL STARTED: 98 YAMAHA,4HP,400 AMP, MY BUDDY PURCHASED BRAND NEW BATTERIES AFTER IN STALLING THEM THE CART RAN AWSOME. THE FOLLOWING WEEK. HE COMES UP TO CAMP AND THE CART MOVES A LITTLE AND DIES. HE CALLES ME AND WE JACKED UP THE CART AND THE WHEELS WOULD MOVE JUST A LITTLE BIT CALLED BU AND THEY TELL ME IT'S THROTTLE SENSOR OR CONTROLLER. CONTROLLER NEW THIS TIME LAST YEAR. WE PURCHASED A NEW SENSOR INSTALLED IT. .THE CART RAN GRAET. MY BUDDY BRING IT HOME HITS THE FIRST SPEED BUMP AND THE SPEED IS GONE, BUT THE CART IS RUNNNING, SO HE MAKES IT BACK TO HIS SITE CHARGES IT UP ALL NIGHT . THE NEXT DAY HE BRING IT BACK UP TO ME. THE CART MADE IT AT A GOOD SPEED. IT SITS FIR A WHILE I TAKE IT AROUND THE BLOCK IT DIES AGAIN. BACK TO THE SHOP JACK IT UP ,LOOKING FOR LOOSE CONNECTION FOUND ONE AT THE CHARGING UNIT. WOULD THIS WIRE KEEP IT FROM CHARGING AND GIVE IT POWER-- NO POWER -- POWER ---NO POWER? IF IT WAS LOOSE? I THINK I FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM BEFORE I LEFT CAMP FOR THE REAL WORLD. I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS---------------------- RED WIRE LOOSE#1 NOT CHARGING THE BATTERIES#2, MAKING THE CART LOOSE POWER GET POWER ECT#3. THE BATTERIES ARE NEW, BUT DID NOT GET A GOOD CHARGE MAKING THE CART NOT HAVE THE SIP IT ONCE HAD. I DON'T KNOW. JUST NEED HELP!!!!!!
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif