High Voltage Net Gain Controller Wiring

GarageBuilt

Ok my cart has had more setups on it than Nubs have had tale. :stop: Ok sorry.... I take that back Sir Nubs.... Anyway I have all the high voltage wiring down .... Even the low voltage untill know.... Coming from a 4 year background with AC systems to Net Gain controllers I now find myself scratching my scotty B hind....''

Both AC & net Gain determines the amout of voltage going to the key switch from the controller.... Now I have a controller that requires pack voltage to the key... But my contactors on the low voltage side Is 12 -volts....

At what point does this wiring come from pack voltage to 12-volts to operate my contactors... Or should I just run all my low voltage to 12-volts only... And for you smart asses that say what I dont know will hurt me.... Been there done that I would rather spend a small fortune chasing down krazy karts & the guys with the NGKRA than the wood romping plum quick drunk spidy of the IGKRA....

TDAWG

Not sure that I understand your question but I will give it a try. Most of the high end controllers that I have used, KSI takes full pack voltage. So that is not unusual. That is why I run my contactors on a completely separate system with a separate switch. Not necessarily a stand alone battery, but a separate circuit equal to the coil voltage of the contactors. Dont know if that helps or not but I gave it a shot.

GarageBuilt

What about the pb6... Does it get pack voltage also... Can I wire my new motor & controller like the setup on page 5

TDAWG

That looks like a very good diagram to me on page 5. The only thing I dont like about it is they dont say what the total voltage of the system is, therefore you dont know what the coil voltage of the contactors is. If that is a 48 volt system diagram, then all of those contactors have 48 volt coils. I would think that the micro on the PB6 should only get full pack voltage if the contactor that it turns on has a coil voltage rated for full pack voltage. This is why I dont run my contactors off of the micro in the pot. I never know what voltage I am going to run next. You dont want to hit the coil of a 12 volt coil contactor with 72 volts. I know there are many ways to do this I just do it without the micro in the pot.

GarageBuilt

Thanks Tim...So can I run pack voltage to the key switch into the pb6 & then back to the controller ...and then the contactors on 12 -volts. :dazed: Yeah what COPB said!!

TDAWG

Yea I guess you could do it that way if you needed to for some reason or you could just make a small jumper wire that goes from KSI to B+ on the controller. That way KSI would only be energized when you activated your 12 volt main contactor but KSI would be full pack voltage.

GarageBuilt

Well thanks alot to Tim for all the help with the wiring of my new controller.... We will be back at the track firday night with the new set up .Thanks again Tim ....