High Performance Carb Jets

Done Deal

I have seen some high performance carb jets advertised. Has anyone tried on of these jets?
Do they make a difference? They are so cheap,if they help at all it would be worth it. Thanks for any help.

Nitrotim

I used the jets when i changed to to Stainless header, and K & N Cone Filter. Made a big improvement. If you just change the jet, the motor will be way to rich. I also changed the springs in both clutches. The cart now is much faster out of the hole, and Top Speed is over 30.

Done Deal

Thanks for the reply. I am going to change the springs. I was maybe going to order the jet
with the springs all at once. I am new to this so any help is appreciated. Do you think the K&N
cone filter would be enough or is your combine of header and filter what is making the difference. What is keeping your cart from running rich?

Nitrotim

The K & N cone mounts right on the carb, It allows maximum air intake. I tried drilling holes in the original airbox. It helped, but not enough. I got the header,Muffler,jet in a kit from carts Parts plus.

Done Deal

Thanks for your help. I found the kit on carts plus. That is where I found the jet. Did your kit come with the drop in filter? We used to race go-carts so I am familiar with cone filters. How much louder is your cart with the header and muffler? I am in campground alot and I use my cart for shooting sports so noise could be a problem. It does seem like a good increase in power for not alot of money.

Done Deal

Nitro,thanks for the replies. Do you think the cart would run to rich with the bigger jet and the K & N cone filter? I am worried about how loud the cart will be with the header.

Welcome DD!
tip.gif

I'm fairly new at all of this, but if you check out the muffler CPP includes in this kit, you'll see it' pretty big. I doubt it would be too awfully loud.

CPP Club Car HP Exhaust

If you just put the K&N without the header I would think you'd bee too rich with the larger jet
twocents.gif