Help With Mobility Scooter

Pasogal

I have searched the internet for help, I know y'all have some pretty smart guys on here, well I have an electrical problem, I was given a mobility scooter that has new batteries I can charge then to 100% but can only get about 8 minutes use, there is a fuse to the charging system replaced it but when I insert it it sparks the scooter is off and unplugged any idea what is going on ? Thanks for the help

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Somethings wrong with batteries. :twocents: charger may say 100% but need to check batt's after 8 minutes. Guessing one or more is bad

Diode

So it sounds like you have a bad built in charger and how long are you charging using the auto charger

Pasogal

Used scooter for about 10 minutes, scooter acts like it is dead checked batteries they are at 95%, replaced with new batteries, used for about the same amount of time acts like it run till batteries dead, checked batteries at 95% could something be getting hot, this making me crazy

Diode

What is 95%
And acts like it's dead doesn't sound like it's completely stopped just running really slow
And installed new batteries acts like it'll run till battery is dead you're not making sense I'm not sure what it's doing

Pasogal

I have tried 2sets of batteries, they test as good, charged. Both sets with scooter and auto charger, scooter runs strong for about 8 minutes, then gets really slow till it stops moving, removed batteries test with auto charger they test at 95% charge left in batteries