Help with Club Car 48v Winch question and a torque question.

DPalmer

Not sure which way would be best for my HF 3500 winch wiring so I don't destroy something. I have a 2009 Precedent 48V with a 36-80 DC Input 12v 30amp converter, Curtis 48V 250A mtr controller Model # 1510A-5251... I want to pull off all the batteries for the winch. What do you suggest?..
Now to the Torque question... With my setup can a different Speed/Torque setting be programed?.. I don't need the faster speed I have but would like more Torque for how I use it?.. Forgot to mention : the max Amp draw on the winch is 232amp.
Thank You

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Are you sure about the amp draw on the winch being 232 amps? As far as torque goes it depends on which model your Club Car is. Is it a IQ cart?

DPalmer

Attachments

• 20190508_115214.jpg
    20190508_115214.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190313_153849.jpg
    20190313_153849.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20190508-134625_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-134625_Drive.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 7

DPalmer

My winch is the 3500lb HB. I posted some photos of some Information on my cart.
HotRodCarts, I think it's a Series drive but not sure. I don't know much about this stuff. I'm new and still learning. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's a IQ cart so the controller can be programmed. @Diode know a lot more about the IQ Club Cars than I do so lets wait to see what he has to say.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Well give us some clues what kind of speed would you like and what do you use it for that you need more torque as far as using all of the batteries for your winch may be using a series controller and throttling it back but you are not going to find a converter that will handle it you could add a battery and have a converter keep that charged from your pack

DPalmer

I use it mainly for hunting which I go up hills some and haul some stuff for food plots. I don't need anymore speed than what it has. Going up hills it doesn't pull very good, especially with weight on it. Slows way down... I have the winch running off 2 batteries right now but just thought it would be better if it could use all the batteries for balance on them.

Diode

The code 5 programmer will give you more torque in torque mode, couple of questions how low does the voltage go on the battery pack when going up a hill how slow does it get down to if the batteries are getting weak nothing is going to help code 5 and a motor And a good set of batteries is your best bet

DPalmer

Not sure how low the voltage gets. I only have a battery charge gauge. I guess I should put a voltage readout meter on it. As far as speed it's faster that I can walk but not sure of the actual mph.

Diode

Well that’s your homework for the weekend need to know the voltage and we need to know the speed when the voltage readings are taken that is crucial for a starting point you don’t have a voltmeter

Diode

And when you said it’s faster than you can walk was that going up hill or on flat surface you may have a bad speed sensor if it’s on the flat

Diode

And a series controller hooked up to all batteries with a fixed resistor for a throttle input it might just work

DPalmer

Diode, Thank You for your help.... it's going to be a busy weekend so I'm not sure if I will get around to that yet. But as soon as I can I will get back with you. Again thank you very much.