help with alltrax

rhgc

I got a 95 ezgo. It had a stock controller with the 4 large post. I am putting a 300amp non programable alltax in it. The alltrax doesnt require the A2 wire, but what do I do with the wire.....just leave it hanging? I tried it and the cart only went one speed.....WIDE OPEN!! Any ideas

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If there was 2 cables on A2 on the controller you hook them together. If there was one cable on A2 that goes to the F&R switch eliminate the cable.

If you cart is a 95 it should have 1 cable on A2 to the F&R switch so you can get rid of the cable.

rhgc

The cart has only one wire on the A2. I disconnected it from the controller, but not the F&R and it goes wide open. I guess I will try to disconnect it from the f&r tonight and see if that fixes the problem.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sorry I didn't see the part about running wide open. After you remove the extra cable double check all your wiring.

Did you have any problems before the contoller swap?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That pretty much rules out a problem with the ITS. It's possible you have the wrong controller. Is your controller mounted in the center of the cart or on the right side? What model number is the controller?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
For 95 and newer you should have either a NPX4834EZ or NPX4844EZ w/ITS throttle...

For 94 and older you would use a NPX4834 or NPX4844 w/ 0-5k throttle...

If yours doesn't have the EZ at the end of the model number it's the wrong controller. You may want to call Alltrax and verify you have the right controller. Here's their customer service number, 541-476-3565...

Let us know what Alltrax tells you...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Not without changing from a ITS throttle to a 0-5k potentiometer (pot box)...
You'd be much better off getting the right controller...