Help With 2013 Yamaha EFI Starting Hesitation

Gil Bailey

My 2013 Yamaha Drive with EFI hesitates to start when I press the gas pedal all the way down. Sometimes I hear a high pitch hum and it does not do it all the time. Is there a problem? Any ideas?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does it hesitate every time it starts or only when you hear the hum? I'd check the starter/generator belt to make sure it's tight. You should also load test the battery and check the battery cable connections.
Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Gil Bailey

Thanks much. It does not always hesitate and it does it without making the high pitched hum. I did check the cables to make sure they are tight. I don't have the equipment to load test the battery so I will have to take it some place for that. I have not checked the S/G belt but I will do that today.
Thanks again for the reply.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's not uncommon for a loose starter generator belt to cause a delay when starting so I'd check that first. Let un know what you find.

Gil Bailey

I tightened it up as much as I can. Still have the same result. I had the battery load checked and it is sat. It may be a little better but still from time to time I can push the accelerator down and maybe count to three before it starts to go. Maybe I should just take it into the local Yamaha shop and have them run checks.
Thanks for everyone's support.