Help Troubleshooting EZGO Golf Cart - Won't Go FWD or REV

busarider29

Greetings,

I'm attempting to get this EZGO golf cart going for a friend of the family. I believe it is of mid-90's vintage. It has a brand new speed controller in it (Non-PDS) along with newer batteries. I've gone through the repair flow chart (attached) and here is what I come up with:

ezgo-repair-flow-chart-01.png
ezgo-repair-flow-chart-02.png

It keeps pointing me to "Correct Wire Problem in Direction Selector", but I have traced those wires down and the wiring is correct according to the schematic in the manual. Any ideas where to go next with this thing?

sonnyreel05

On some direction selector controllers is a sweet spot...even if the reverse buzzer sounds, it might need to go a little farther. Same for the Forward direction.

busarider29

Where do you get the repair flow chart? I am having same problem and replaced everything. Still no solenoid click.
I downloaded it online somewhere a few weeks back. Google search and you'll find it. Probably available on this site somewhere I would presume. Yes, we've replaced just about everything there is to replace as well, other than the motor. New batteries, new controller, new throttle switch. The solenoid clicks but no movement forward or reverse. I haven't done a "motor check" yet, but the owner of the vehicle said he did and the motor turned fine for him. I'll still likely check it myself and see. I'm not sure where else to go with it and am just about ready to throw in the towel and call the owner (friend of the family) to come and get it. I hate giving up, but I am just about at a loss.