Help to Identify cart and troubleshoot (wont go)

JK-IZ

Hey peeps, im new to the forum and somewhat new to carts. I have a EZGO TXT but i dont know what year it is nor the model number. I did find ONE label that was still readable and it says TXT 71145-G01...is that the model number?

The second part of my question is that it wont go. I tun the key and it does nothing when selecting FWD or Reverse. I dont even hear the solenoid kick in when i step on the pedal. I tried to trouble shoot the cart myself but did not find anything. First i checked the connections on the batteries and they are all good and tight with no corrosion. Then i checked the ignition switch to make sure it works. Then i checked the micro switches on both the selector switch/lever and under the mat by the pedal. Then i checked the fuse in the little black box behind the charging port. Then i checked the solenoid to make sure i have power...i do both on the control side and the power side. I jumped the solenoid just to make sure it engages and it does...and this is where i ran out of ideas...controller maybe, what do you guys think?

JK-IZ

I forgot to mention that the cart was driven to the charging station, put to charge and would not go anywhere the next morning when we tried to use it.

EDIT: Thank you for the welcome!!

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
:
welcome.gif
: to Cartaholics JK-IZ

According to my calculations it is a 2001.
Now the other question, Did you unplug it? I know some cart will not run if still plugged into the charger.

Well is sounds like your charger/batteries are OK.

I just bought a new battery for the Blazer to only learn the side mounted connection was dirty. In less than a week later my wife said her Escalade battery was run down. When I got there to jump it I wiggled the positive cable and it fired up and is still doing fine.

Point: Sometimes batteries can take a slow charging current but dirty cables stop them from giving their charge to electric motors. Removing and cleaning the cables should be done annually so doing that will not be wasted effort even if it does not fix it.

JK-IZ

Thanks...i did unplug it. I do know that this particular cart has the control that will not let it operate if pluged in.

JK-IZ

I checked to see if i have power at the soleniod and i do, on both sides but i had to jumper the solenoid to engage it manually. It will not engage otherwise. That tells me that the charge is being passed fine through the cables to the solenoid but i cant figure out why the soleniod is not engaging on its own like its supposed to.

JK-IZ

If the micro switch for the throttle is the one under the mat then yes i checked it and its good. Also, when i jumped the solenoid and it engaged, i stepped on the throtle and it did not go.