Help, My Ezgo is turning into an EZpull

bryanspier

My cart has had a few issues which I have taken care of but this has me confused. When I run my cart it seems to run fine for about 10 or 15 minutes than cuts out and dies. I thought maybe it was a fuel problem but it seems to be getting fuel through the carb. As I was getting pulled back to my site after letting it sit for 1/2 hour or so I pulled the choke activated the start and it fired up. I had this happen today also, pushed it back to my site, left it for about an hour. Started right up and moved it.

bryanspier

The pulse line is an electrical line? I am clueless to these carts., My neighbor had mentioned something about a strater or stater or something like that. do you know anything about these?

Not totally sure, but it kind of sounds like the problem that I am having with my cart. Talked with a guy that fixes golf carts, and it sounds like the problem could be the ignitor. I think they run about $80-$130. From my understanding, the problem will get worse, as the ignitor gets worse. Not sure though.

Another common failure of the ignition manifests itself by working fine until the various components get hot. Then the car shuts down and will not restart. After patiently waiting 5 or 10 minutes, the engine fires to life again. This is typically the ignitor or the coil. Unfortunately there is not a reliable troubleshooting procedure to determine which part is at fault. The best way to check is to put in known good replacement parts one at a time. Usually it is the more expensive ignitor but not always

Found this might help you with your problem.

bryanspier

I purchased a coil and an ignitor. The guy (Fry golfcarts, carson city MI) said it could be the ignitor ,but probably the coil 90% of the time. I bought both ..The coil hasn't helped but the ignitor will be replaced This week hopefully ending my frustrations.

bryanspier

I replaced both the ignitor and the coil. It still hasn't fixed the problem although when it runs, it runs much better.It still stops after about 20 minutes of runtime. I think it might be possesed..lol

bryanspier

nope, new fuel filter, new fuel pump (electric). It died again this weekend and I took the gascap off and it had alot of vacuum to it. Maybe it isn't venting well and is vaporlocking or something. You let it sit and it will run fine again. I did drill a vent hole in the gas cap today, will test next weekend/