Help Installing Club Car DS Golf Cart Lift Kit

xiler8d

I've got an '84 Club Car DS gas golf cart and I bought a Buggies Unlimited 6"a-arm lift. Installing the front part of the lift was cake, but the rear is another story and I need help. Swear to god, either my cart is different than everyone else, or this kit just isn't engineered right. BU's tech support has not been any help up to this point. The rear lift uses an axle flip kit to move the location of the axle from above the leaf springs to below them. I'm really hoping I can see some other Club Car with lift kits pictures to see if its just me or the lift thats screwed up. Does everyone have this independent moving subframe?

xiler8d

I suppose I could notch out the cross-member. I just didn't want to modify the cart, this was supposed to be a complete bolt on kit.

xiler8d

Oh yeah, the instructions never said anything about having to enlarge the u-bolt holes to accommodate they're larger 7/16 u-bolts, or that they would have to be stretched to allign with the holes.
My motto is "Don't cry......Modify!", but for people who don't have the experience or tools that I have will be blown away by this. I will not recommend this kit to anyone.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
There is a 5/16" rod at the back of the trans. housing. It bolts to the side of the trans. and to the cradle below it. You have to loosen it and it should allow the axle to rotate enough to clear the cross member. I haven't lifted one of the older Club Cars in years, so my memory somewhat fails me. I've never heard of anyone notching the cross member. That lift was originally designed for later model carts. :hattip:

xiler8d

There is NO WAY to rotate the axle cuz of the u-bolt mounting. there are brackets welded to the axle that can only mount flush to the sub-frame. Only a angled wedge shim would alow that.
I've gotta admit this site has been a real bust so far!

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Bust? What do you want us to do come install the lift kit for you? :rotflmao:

We're trying to help you the best we can. :hattip:

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
You should have bought an Allsports lift kit that is complete, made in the USA and it bolted right in. It was a snap. :thumbsup: