HELP!!! don't know anything about EZGO or electric

FatDaddy

hey guys.... i just picked this cart up today, need to know what to do... the battery cables are corroded off, how can i test if the batteries are still good? looks like it sat for a while. and can anybody tell me what year and model this is? please help. anything is appreciated.
FATDADDY.
P.S. the key is missing... anyway around that?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
In the first pic you can see a black an silver tag below the cup holders. Post the serial and manufacturers code and we can find out what year the cart is.

As fas as the batteries go check to see if they're dry. Add distilled water until the plates are just covered and charge them separately with a 6 volt charger or in pairs with a 12 volt charger. Keep a eye on them while charging and if the batteries get hot shut the charger off.

JRay

Cartaholic
Take serial number and stop by any cart dealer, keys are about 2 bucks, most dealers will have keys for other makes. Or go to an ezgo dealer. That old girl is a diamond in the rough.
thumbup.gif

gornoman

On the key, E-Z-Go has been using the same key since 1981. I think you are in that ballpark, but lets see where the nubers you provided take us.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The carts an 85 Marathon. Until you get the right key you should be able to get the switch to turn with any small key. A small pad lock key will usually do it. It may not go in the switch all the way but it will turn the switch.

FatDaddy

thanks a lot guys, you've been a great help! i think that the cart hasn't been used in a while but there is 1400 hours on it, the meter says. with the batteries just one question... do i put the caps back on because i heard some boiling action going on. ok ok two more questions... are the "plates" those radiator lookin things when you look in the hole??
dazed053.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
Yes, put caps on, no need to remove for charging, and yes plates are radiator looking things. This thing will be running in the morning.
thumbup.gif