Heavy duty rear leaf springs?

Mtfireman

Got a club car precedent (non-lifted) with 12" wheels and low pro tires. Just added a rear seat and with my kids on the back haven't had an issue, but I am worried about rubbing. How hard would it be, or would it be worth, adding heavy duty rear leaf springs to avoid rubbing when adults ride on back? Thoughts? Where is the best place to buy? Thanks

dougmcp

I'd wait until you have the problem before you make that decision.
Depending on the amount of rub if any, you may even be able to make new rear shackles and raise it an inch or so.

chachi44089

I have a non-lifted cc gas with 12" rims and low pro tires too. The rear seat was ok when it was just my 2 daughters ages 10 and 13. But at the campground sometimes adults would ride on the back and it would rub a bit. So I added an add-a-leaf kit and the problem is gone. I can ride two adults with no rubbing issues. And I bought it from a sponsor here at Cartaholics.

Mtfireman

Well I have developed a rub on the rear!! Thanks for the info chachi, I have ordered the add a leaf rear springs you suggested. However, can't find any info on installation. How difficult is this gonna be? only reason I ask is a reply on the web site says doesn't come with install instructions. Thanks for your help, hope this resolves my rubbing problem

Mtfireman

I installed my add a leaf springs. Was kind of a difficult install but it did resolve the rubbing problem. I highly recommend the add a leaf springs for a quick/ cheap fix but be prepared for for a medium to difficult install. Thanks for all the help guys