headlights

CUTiger

Since noone else is asking any questions I guess I will. I just bought the deluxe headlight kit and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that may make cutting the holes easier. Thanks guys
biggrin.gif

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
Well.. Everyone has their own idea on how to proceed with this but I personally laid out my template drilled acouple of holes in the corners and used a hand fine toothed keyhole saw. I would have used a jigsaw with a fine toothed blade but I broke it earlier
ohmy.gif

CUTiger

guess I should change my question, I know what tools to use
cool.gif
, but is there a trick to getting the templates centered or in the right place? or is it fairly obvious?

CUTiger

lol thanks! I really just got bored last night and felt like posting something, this was the first thing that came to mind.
biggrin.gif
just find the center, measure from that to make sure their even. I just can't wait to get home so I can actually work on my cart. Find that more fun then riding it sometimes.

chillidawg

Ive done 3 sets of headlight in the last 2 weeks. The biggest issue i found was making sure you dont get a gap on the top. Depending on the type of lights you are using will depend on the difficulty. Th eones I used had a blinker in them as well and were pretty difficult. I used a dremel tool anfd a file to get the fine details. I will tell you that the blinker side is where you want to make a mistake if you are gong to, it covers the gaps well.