Head Lights/Tail Lights?

captainkenny81

Head lights dim quickly during use think a wiring issue? Any thoughts? Also wondering if the tail lights staying on unless parking brake is locked is a safety feature, or do I have issues there as well?

JRay

Cartaholic
More info needed, factory setup or add on? Year of cart etc. And i am sure one of these cart guru's can help you out.
tip.gif

captainkenny81

Ok late 90's 48 V Club Car, original lights (front and tail). The lights will go from working full on bright when not moving, then as you drive will continue to dim until they go out totally. I would say it happens in 10-15 minutes. Just the fronts dim out.

captainkenny81

They do, I had a bad battery with a melted post, replaced battery and wire, same battery that the ground for lights is hooked to, haven't checked them yet kinda hard during the day.....but I hope that fixes it also one bad connection on the light switch. Still not sure bout the tail lights they will only go off with parking brake on is that normal.? Seems that would just decrease the life of the bulbs being on all the time you know.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does the cart have brake lights? The tails lights must be wired to a switch on the brake pedal. I'd rewire the tail lights to the same switch the headlights use.

captainkenny81

I found on line somewhere that there is a spring and some bearings on the pedal that will wear out over time and not allow the pedal to come all the way up and turn off brake lights, I checked it and seems to be the problem. I wonder how much will go into fixing this any ideas?