HatField McCoy Trails

club car man

Advanced Member
Well, went to West Virginia's HatField McCoy trails this weekend and put on a little over 300 miles. There are trails in KY, VA, and WV and eventually they're going to connect them altogether. With all the trails there, there is over 500 miles of trails, so you have a lot of ridin to do.
biggrin.gif
They allow carts there too so if any of you want to go, you can take your cart.
cool.gif
Here's some pics I got. Not NEARLY enough. I wanted to take A LOT more than this but here they are.
Here you can see some of the trails:
DSCN0362.jpg

One thing about cameras is they don't make hills look near as steep as they are. This one wasn't too bad, but my front end was comin up a little.
DSCN0363.jpg

Rock formation that looks like a house and why they call the trail Rock House.
DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

Guess HRC was here.
laugh.gif

DSCN0373.jpg

Some reason mines the muddiest.
huh.gif
laugh.gif

DSCN0370.jpg

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

I also found out you can hydroplane across water doin 60
laugh.gif

There was this little jump about 3' and it was like this /l (not quite the strait on the other side but you get the point.) Well I jumped the slanted side like you're supposed to, and when I got to the top of the hill it said "Trail Closed." So I came back down the hill in 5th gear doin about 71MPH and wasn't payin attention and hit the strait side. OMG did that hurt. I flew up in the air with the quad and hit the ground strait up and down. I'm surprised I didn't break somethin on the quad or me goin that fast. I thought for sure I'd have a broken neck when I was lookin at the ground.
laugh.gif
In this pic you can see where the bumper got bent back.
rolleyes.gif

DSCN0370.jpg

TheNewGuy

Cool pics Matt. Looks like you guys had fun.
biggrin.gif
How long did it take you to get there from your house???? AND is there a website for this place????
blink.gif
blink.gif

club car man

Advanced Member
I put a quad body on it.
laugh.gif

Ron, it takes a little over 6 hours to get there. The site it www.trailsheaven.com

So for you it'd prolly be around 7 or 8 hours. But it's worth it.
biggrin.gif

club car man

Advanced Member
The trails are WAAAAY better than the ones I took pics of. We hardly stopped though so I didn't get enough pics. The first day I forgot I had my camera. I wish I woulda takin in cause there was some AWESOME hills there.

TheNewGuy

If I picked up Matt, I don't think he would make it all the
way down there anyways
ph34r.gif

I would love to be there. How cold will it be on Dec 9????

spriddle

Post Decoder
I'm guessing it will be around mid 40's during the day. Perfect weather to go trail riding with a thermos full of hot chocolate!
biggrin.gif

spriddle

Post Decoder
If you get to come, be sure to bring Matt and we'll push that little bia* in the creek and take off, laughing all the way!!!
biggrin.gif

spriddle

Post Decoder
What are you trying to say, Matt's cart is junk? That's mean. Everybody knows Matt can't help it if he has a slow, ugly cart that worths about the price of a small bag of jellybeans but we should at least try to encourage him. Don't worry bud, maybe one day you can trade it for a skateboard of something.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

mphillip

Matt I have a motorized skateboard that I will trade for your golf cart....
Or if your not interested in that I also have a Little Tykes jeep that might be more your speed. The only thing is that you have to recharge the batteries after about 20 minutes of riding....