Has anyone tried out the Battery Saver?

mackdog

I found the Battery Saver on Ebay for around 90 bucks. I thought I would give it a try instead of spending 600 on new batteries. To my supprise, there was a noticable difference within a couple of days. You have to charge the batteries at least once a week, because the Battery Saver is on all of the time.

I tried it on a second cart to make sure that I was not just imaginging this change. It happend agian. The batteries on the second cart were revived in a couple of days. From what I undersand this gaget will work as long as you do not have any dead cells. Be sure to check the specific gravity of all of the battery cells to verify no dead cells prior to purchasing. It was well worth the money..........

Mackdog
biggthumpup.gif

cherokeewind54

Anothe r thing I have done is take a bank of baqtteries with years on them, pull out all and drain water/acid out. put back in cart and refill with new acid and charge. this only works on batteries that dont have a dead cell. It renewed them and i got 4 more years out of them.

dougmcp

This is an old farmer's trick to get another year or 2 out of their start batteries.
They never said what they did with the old acid, care to guess?
Come to think of it, they never told me what they did with old motor oil either, but there weren't many weeds along the driveway.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sulphuric acid is neutralized by dirt the same way it is by baking soda. It's actually used in making fertilizer that's used on eatable foods, plants, etc. Maybe thats why we have all these new diseases.
yikes2.gif

DISCLAIMER:
No I'm not saying it's okay to dump battery acid on the ground or to fertilize your garden.
rotflmao.gif

Batman

Do you rinse your batteries off from time to time? What do you catch the fall off in? Where do you dispose of the rinse water?
dazed053.gif

gornoman

Holy hypocrite, Batman. Ya got me on that one. I wash the battery bay weekly, and the run-off goes straight to the lake.
yikes2.gif

Then again, we are talking GALLONS here, not trace amounts......

hingeman

what about the sites that say to drain out the old acid and replace with distilled water and epsom salt, then recharge? has anyone tried that?

gornoman

Any lead acid battery will develop deposits on the plates over time. This causes the plates to be thicker, and over time they will get so thick that they will touch each other and short out resulting in a dead cell. Replacing the acid will not alleviate this condition. Shocking the heck out of the plates with a desulfating charge cycle will cause some of these deposits to release and fall to the bottom of the cell where they will pile up and short out the cell anyway.

I suppose if you used a desulphater along with acid replacement you might prolong the inevitable, but at what cost?

hingeman

mackdog, I was curious so I checked online but there are many diferent types. What exactly does the battery saver do? I mean, besides save batteries. Rather, how does it work? Do you have a website for it? Thanks for your time. hingeman

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I don't believe it can do what they claim. They say batteries become unusable at approximately one-third of their natural life. The average auto or golf cart battery lasts 5 years. A good golf cart battery can average 5-7+ years. So if you believe what the Battery Life Saver claims it will do you should get of 15-21+ years out of a decent set of golf cart batteries or 15+ years from your cars battery.
rolleyes.gif

droekle

We have a Ford THINK Neighbor NEV that we put in a set of used DEKA 8G31 batteries. At first we were only able to get about 9 miles out of a charge.

We bought a Battery Life Saver and put it on the vehicle and after several weeks, the batteries got stronger and stronger. Now we get at least 20 miles out of a charge.

We also put a BLS on a golf cart at a school, and now they go all day on a charge without a problem.

The Battery Life Saver does work well if the batteries don't have open or shorted cells

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Funny thing, when I went to the Utube site and watched the video, I noticed that it was so new that there were only 6 views other than mine. And it was posted today. Dec. 1. What a coincidence that you joined the forum today, Dec. 1 and your first post, just happens to be about this same new video.
Isn't it strange, "Dave," that things just seem to happen that way.
Isn't it strange that you just want to help out your fellow carters but it looks as if you are really trying to make a sale. But, of course, you are totally unbiased, aren't you "Dave?"