Harley Golf Cart to a 27 T-Bucket Conversion Build

2a27T

Things going great- got 6K in insurance for it @ $127.00 a year. Added signal, parking and flasher lever.
6f4aef71.jpg

Needed to adjust the clearance for the 215X50X12 new rear wheels

2cbca852.jpg

It handles great with the new 12X8 front wheels, but still waiting for the center cap for front.
e3cbcd9a.jpg

Done for the summer now.
http://cartaholics.com/forum/html/emoticons/thumbup.gif[/IMG

Still have the original motor, waiting for someone to buy it. Have a great summer everyone.

2a27T

Well, the summers gone, and the boat is all snug for the winter, back to the cart!
I wore out the king pins and bushings thru the summer,(Wheelies!!
cool.gif
) but had a lot of fun.
biggrin.gif

The grand kids and friends all had fun-(that's the gazebo garage I built it in, in the background)
bf040ae1.jpg

and I just made stands to put the wheels up,
aftwindowstands007_zps6219353b.jpg
(In my shed)
aftwindowstands003_zps66b418ac.jpg

and am now working on the steering.
aftwindowstands004_zpsf72621d1.jpg

Hopefully I'll find time and $$for sewing and installing the upholstery, and build turtle back cover and a front hood.
Hope everyone had a great summer, more posts to follow.
thumbup.gif

slim67

you did a very nice job on your cart. My dad has a 1920 model T roadster so I can appreciate what youve done.

2a27T

Thank you.
biggrin.gif
It's been really fun. I am looking to do a real 27T also, but first need a real frame without corrupt VIN #'s, here in NY. No kit cars allowed now, but original frame part VIN will be legal.
Seems people steal the VIN's for other builds, which is a problem.
I just keep looking, as only the VIN part of the frame is needed.
Not many laying around in this state!

2a27T

Thank you.
biggrin.gif
It's been really fun. I am looking to do a real 27T also, but first need a real frame without corrupt VIN #'s, here in NY. No kit cars allowed now, but original frame part VIN will be legal.
Seems people steal the VIN's for other builds, which is a problem.
I just keep looking, as only the VIN part of the frame is needed.
Not many laying around in this state!

slim67

What do you have planned when you get one? I have the bug to get another car. been thinking about a Falcon,Fairlane or Comet gasser. But it could be any old car if the price is right. But if I do it , it will be a gasser. Gassers are the bomb.

2a27T

Good news! The front end parts are on the way.
biggrin.gif
Big Thank You to Radicalgolfcarts! You Da Man! :thumbsup:Hate this look!
Picture_zps90f838e6.jpg

As for the real 27T, I'm hoping it would be a Boss 302 engine, and much like my cart.
Someday the right frame will show up, without a corrupted VIN. It's pretty common for someone to do a build, only to try to register it after all that work-only to find someone else has used the numbers already.
My insurance company has already told me if I find one, they will run the numbers and put it in the DMV data base to protect the VIN. Then just a few dollars to put insurance on it.
Well, while waiting for my front, I think I'll go make my wiring all into one quick disconnect.
I have 3 now. One would be better, as I still need to lift the body to get to the motor.
There's always something to get done on it..the holidays are limiting me right now...

2a27T

Grrr...seems I have found a bait and switch on eBay. First they sent the G2 cart king pins, then said they were the ones they sell as G1- then put the same pins for sale again after saying they don't have the right ones.
mad.gif

G2kingpinsentinsteadofG1Yamaha_zps0d4942f7.jpg

Now I will have to find the right ones- (Will post in wanted) and wait some more.
I found the wheelies had moved the frame a bit, so I put it back in place, and will re enforce that.
That lead me to decide to move the grill 2" forward, so I welded new plates for that.
008_zps7d5aacef.jpg

006_zps5ab1f1aa.jpg

I think the hood I make will be more in proportion with it moved forward to there.
It's always something!

2a27T

WHOO HOO! Thank you Radicalgolfcarts-They were the right lower bushings!!! I DID receive the right King Pins today too!
It's like Xmas!!
Much more to do, but I really, REALLY appreciate your help, in moving my project forward.
thumbup.gif

2a27T

Well, I reinforced the frame,
013_zps5a55fba0.jpg

Picture044_zps54869a8d.jpg

Here's the kingpins and bushings-
Picture052_zps7ea3ce2c.jpg

Fit great!
Picture065_zps7f9f4302.jpg

Now I have to set the caster angle-checking whether it's negative or positive..

2a27T

Time to post more pix.
checkered_flag.gif

I removed the muffler, and made duo exhaust. I used nub's idea and added the steel scrubbers to the resonators- was WAY too loud!
Now it has cherry bombs.
cool.gif

dee30ee5-85be-498f-a022-e94d171a088a_zps4fa80440.jpg

P02-19-13_17_07Heatpaint_zps05835a4e.jpg

Then I put sound deadening heat shield under it. No more hot seat!
P02-14-13_13_17Heatsoundsield_zps278b3323.jpg

Then I fiber glassed and painted the underside.
27b0843b-4908-4855-b96c-d4c7bd263dfd_zps5b644f28.jpg

Removed and cleaned out the gas tank,(stupid ethanol-big mistake-) and put the exhaust back in.
P02-23-13_12_09exauston_zps1de25420.jpg

P02-23-13_12_10cherrybombs_zpsba924e62.jpg

Then put it all back together.
P02-23-13_15_58backtogeather_zpseba8beb7.jpg

I found the motor is a 1970 John Deere 400 CCW that only a few thousand were made- why it was so hard to get info. Needs higher octane, and no ethanol, and now I add some lead to it. Big difference in how well it's running.
I sure have been having fun.
biggrin.gif

I'm waiting for battery's, and hope to get some video posted, when I get her outside and running again.
Next the turtle back...

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Nice work
tip.gif
them CCW's will run forever, check the mufflers every few hrs for a bit to see if its cakin' up but it should work well for ya.

good to see the post
usaflag1.gif

2a27T

Thanks.
biggrin.gif

I cut a slot in the restricter block to drain any moisture that might get in the header, but running 104 octane racing fuel in it now, I'm hoping no moisture will get in it at all.
I'll know in a week or 2, when I get it outside and run it.

The thought of driving it in the mud out there now, after all this work isn't my idea of fun!
I'm just basking in her clean beauty now.
thumbup.gif

The mud will come, I'm sure.

Wife said her camera only takes 30 seconds of video- I'm hoping for under 8 seconds in an 8th mile. That's when I meet the Troopers.
biggrin.gif
They like it too. Maybe my license plate:2fast4u??
YIKES!
checkered_flag.gif
rotflmao.gif

2a27T

Well, it's running great on the stands.
cool.gif

I had to do a weld on the CCW clutch. I heard it when I started it. Now it's quieter.
Wife's still trying to find a program to open video.
I started installing the trunk frames. After it's fitted and finished I will epoxy it.
42d6e94d-1070-48d5-bf84-864dae1ce2ff_zps33c4b935.jpg

3e270c07-bee1-4c0f-a8e4-9111f7c39452_zps6c258e23.jpg