Harley Davidson Throttle Cable

Brian in Tucson

How does the wire in a throttle cable attach to the linkage on a 80 Harley Davidson golf cart carburetor? Seems like there should be a wire block like the choke has, but looks to me like the thing wouldn't line up for the cable to pull it. A picture would be very helpful. Got the new cable in and attached temporarily to the new Chinese carb and the cart is performing pretty well. Adjustments needed of course.

turbo130

I cut my throttle cable and used a wire through clamp which attaches to the carburetor for my throttle after installing a new engine in my cart.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
How does the wire in a throttle cable attach to the linkage on a 80 harley carb? Seems like there should be a wire block like the choke has, but looks to me like the thing wouldn't line up for the cable to pull it. A picture would be very helpful. Got the new cable in and attached temporarily to the new Chinese carb and the cart is performing pretty well. Adjustments needed of course.
Are you still running the governor? the solid steel cables have a hook that just goes through the butterfly arm, no picture but i'll dig around for one.

turbo130

No governor and it really goes, the cart only goes so fast so I am not worried about it going too fast and getting out of control.

Brian in Tucson

Thanks for the offer, mine is actually running really well (and I have too much stuff.) I think the governor is long gone, so it's just bend the throttle cable into a hook shape? After I've fed it thru the butterfly linkage?:) Thanks guys for the insights.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I set the cable in its mount and mark where the cable wire matches the hole on the butterfly link with the throttle shut, then pre bend the hook and install. May need bend short of 180 and finish the bend after its in the hole :twocents:

Brian in Tucson

I noticed yesterday that it looked like the inside of the rear body had sound deadening material on it at one time. I thought about egg crate, which works well in controlled environments. Decided that it wouldn't hold up to heat (it gets hot in Tucson if you hadn't guessed) so I ordered some cheap dyna mat clone material. Should be here by the weekend. The new muffler I got from an Ebay vendor went on really easy, doesn't smoke, and sounds a lot better. The cart is pretty noisy, not a great thing where I live.