Harley Davidson Electric Golf Cart Questions

As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a set of motor brushes for an older HD electric. They have a small brass hook built in that secures the tension spring...The motor says Harley Davidson on the tag ans is a model# DMH492-3. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Another thought...Anyone ever hear of a chuckwagon C200? Pretty cheezy looking rig, and it needs parts too. Not real sure that I'd even call it a golf cart.

oldcartfart

Hi, cwinkslinger did you check with vintagegolfcartparts.com they have some old stuff for the H-d carts. I prefer the old cushmans and the off the wall carts. never heard of a chuckwagon c200 cart. good luck. later o.c.f.

davehc

Has anyone any info on updating the electrics on my 1980 Harley MGIV 8D model , with a solid state speed controller ? I would like a smoother acceleration start on mine . If so , what brand / model / ect. , and how much of a job to install .
Thanks

davehc

I have a 1980 Harley MG-IV 8D model 36V . Does anyone know if I could update the electrics to a solid state type of drive on this , and if so what type / model / ect. would I need . And where would / could I get the info on how to install ?
Thanks OOPS , Sorry , I forgot I had already asked this .

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There is no conversion kit for your cart that I'm aware of. You would pretty much need to rewire the whole cart and swap out some parts. Wouldn't be cheap.

davehc

That's what I figured , but was hoping that someone had tried and done it . Thanks for the reply though . Mine just doesn't seem to start off as smooth as it should . I have checked all the things the shop manual says to do to trouble shoot it , but it seems to jolt to much on take off , even trying to go slow , and it's hard on the keyed axles .