Harley Davidson 3 Wheel Golf Cart Finished

Nohandles

Here's the finished Harley Davidson 3 wheel golf cart. I finish the windshield yesterday. I didn't make the traditional shield, straight up because it wouldn't offer any rain protection. So I curves 1/8 Plexiglas out and then back to the roof so I could attach it together. My design allows me to remove the windshield with 7 screws and wing nuts in case I need to do repairs.

4562370417_30f5d8f743.jpg

I think it kind of looks like a Korean war helicopter.

smitty1

Cart looks great. I'm surprised how short of a time it took you to complete it. Mine is nearing completion but it has been 4 months now. Anyway nice job on your cart.

Nohandles

It took me 6 or so weeks to complete but that is because over 50 you are worthless today so I had plenty of time to work during the weeks. I have some tent material ordered to make side curtains for it next. And stereo too. Love working on old stuff.

Next is 2 sitting in the back yard that I got for free. 66 and a 71. Soon!

The 75 will never go because its my high school graduation year. Go figure?

Nohandles

Okay, one more picture. I found a new tent at a garage sale that I'm going to make side curtains out of. Then It will be done unless I put air shocks on it. LOL Wife's not to happy about that one!

Nohandles

Thanks all for your kind words. I've been tending to 2 sick parents for a month now but things are on the upswing now. Perhaps 2 more weeks. I've been working on gray enclosure curtains off and on when I get a spare minute. Once I get then designed and in place I'll post some pictures again.

Other news I scored a 4 wheeler for 25 bucks in really nice shape. Some pictures to come when I get it started.

Nohandles

Long time no talk. My Father passed away last July the 7th so we had a lot to deal with last year. We had to bring my mom and niece here to live with us. Mom is diabetic and had very pour treatment in the little town where they lived. She went to the Cleveland Clinic and is now doing very well- haven't seen her this good in years now.
Also the house was doubled in size to make room for her and the niece.

Yesterday I finally got the Harley out of the trailer where is spent the winter. It started right and ran like a top woo ha! Little clean up today and its ready to go.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
my Mom came to live with me in 1988 after a stroke, She passed on in 09, it makes for a gear change thats for sure. :hattip: off to ya, its the right thing to do :twocents:

Nohandles

Whoo Ha! After trying to figure out why it would not always take off in forward- even when warm and you had to choke it I found the reed valve needed replaced. Should do the final trick. I checked the float valve also to see if it was sticking, but it is fine. Now all I have to do is wait for the parts to get here.

kilo

Beautiful job on the restoration, was wondering about the rim sizing/ offset and where you got them from. It's exactly what I'm looking for.

ovalguy

This is without question the nicest Harley resto I've seen. You've done a great job on that beauty! Can't wait to see what you do with that old 4 wheeler.