Guitar Shopping

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've been looking at new Les Paul Standards the last few days. I'm ready to buy one but just haven't found the right one at any music stores. I'm trying to decide which finish I want. I've narrowed it down to these four.

Honey Burst, Heritage Cherry, Iced Tea, Desert Burst

StreetGlide

The Les Paul is a beautiful guitar no matter the color!

If I had a choice, I'd go for the Honey Burst or the Desert Burst, the color tones blend into each other beautifully! But then again, the Heritage Cherry and the Iced Tea are beautiful classic colors! Just glad I'm not the one making the choice! Good luck!

johnny9

dont know much about music except we all like it,,but love natural wood colors.i would have to go with the desert tan,wow, its beautiful for sure,but they all are as well..

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I like the desert burst to but no one has one in stock. I'm taking a ride tomorrow to a few other music shops to have a look.

johnny9

hope you find what your lookin for,,id bet when you do it will jump out and let you know..
just like the perfect dog..

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
LMAO...
rotflmao.gif

I came across a guitar forum a couple days ago. It looks real familiar.
biggrin.gif
Here's a link

Guitar Forum

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
After looking for the right Les Paul at just about every music shop within 100 miles of Chicago I finally found one...
biggrin.gif

johnny9

wow,,looks like a great choice..i bet it reached out and grabbed you by the looks of that beauty.
it should only go up in value id think,,great pics to,john

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks John... I haven't played it with any of my amps yet. I played it at the shop with several different amps and it sounded real nice. As soon as I walked into the store this one jumped out at me.

meltravis

Great choice HRC, It's a Beautiful guitar! Are they still as heavy as they used to be? I love Pauls. They sure have a tone all their own. I had a black one, when I was in the USAF.

gornoman

A fella I knew (in a band far, far away) in the seventies had an ORIGINAL black one from the fifties. If he still has it, I think it might be worth something, eh?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
This one is heavy. It's called a Traditional and it doesn't have a chambered body like the new Standards, Studios, etc. The only other way to get a new non-chambered body is from the Custom Shop. My strat weighs 8 lbs and the Les Paul feels a little heavier. This guitar is definitely a keeper
biggrin.gif
I looked at and played a bunch of them while I was looking and this one plays and sound real nice. The sustain is unbelievable. I'm use to playing Fenders and this thing is a whole new ball game. I've been playing it at least 3 hours per day and can't get enough lol...

Gorno, To collectors the bidding would start at over 20k for that guitar...

Batman

Beautiful guitar HotRod.
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
I've got an old beat up ovation acoustic guitar and do a little picking now and then. Friday nights used to be jam nights at my house. My father plays and so does my brother. After we get into the second case of beer we start sounding good.
rotflmao.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
LMAO....

Maybe that's my problem. I need a few shots and a couple beers and I'll be playing slide like Duane Allman...
rotflmao.gif
I tried smokin' one but that just made me hungry...
naughty.gif