Governor speed setting

halvonny

I'm new to the forum. In fact, I posted a similar message to the wrong area yesterday....

I just got my NEW 2015 fuel-injected 4-stroke 357-c.c. Yamaha-drive PTV. The speed governor on the cart is "factory set" to a mere 12 m.p.h. Hey, I can almost run that fast! The operator's manual says the "Maximum speed" is 19.5 m.p.h.

Any suggestions from my fellow forum members would be GREATLY appreciated! I almost got rear-ended by an EzGo the 1st time out. HELP. Best regards.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've never worked on a new fuel injected Yamaha so I'm not sure if it's the same rear end setup. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

YFZR450

Subscribed was wondering the sane thing. I hope I didn't get t b e slowest cart made. Bought it yesterday.

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
Might void your warranty, I would take it back to the dealer you bought it from and am betting that they may set it up for you if it is as slow as you say it is after they drive it.

YFZR450

Ok f I und this some where else. Put a tie wrap on the governor arm ti the throttle spring and tighten the tie wrap, Leave the 10mm nut alone in the stick postion. I went from 12 to 19 mph. Hooe this helps.

hdmike

Get the speed spring from Dixie Carts. It will really get it after you install this spring. Mine is a 2015 with fuel injection.