Got Some Questions About My 2000 Electric EZGO

BigBubba

I’ve got some questions about my 2000 Electric EZGO. I replaced my solenoid and checked my key switch and my forward and reverse switch.
The cart sometimes runs and runs well and other times it won’t run at all. No click from the solenoid either. I’m so confused at to what it could possibly be.

PLEASE HELP!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does the golf cart quit running while your driving it or just doesn't run at times when you go to use it? Does it have a run tow switch on the controller cover? Welcome to Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. :hattip:

BigBubba

I replaced the solenoid because I’m a noob and thought it was bad lol.

@HotRodCarts it doesn’t stop running when driving. Just sometimes runs and nothing changes then it won’t run. Like I can drive it to my greenhouse about 200’ and then when I stop it won’t drive back and I have to push it.
And yes it has a run/tow switch cover

thank you for your responses

BigBubba

Oh sorry I misread your question.
When it doesn’t run it still beeps for reverse but won’t drive either direction. And you don’t hear the solenoid at all.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Put the run tow switch in the tow position then pull the small wire connector on the controller and take a look at the terminals in the plug and the controller and make sure they're clean. Remember any time you're working on the golf cart electronics make sure the run tow switch is in the tow position.

BigBubba

Yes I’ve checked all the plugs that connect into the black box. There were some wires at the base of the black box (some gray wires heading to the dash area or maybe the pedal) that seemed a hair loose and I pushed them back in tight. I learned the hard way to put it in tow mode to disconnect the + from the battery. OUCH!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you had any kind of wire arc while the run tow switch was in the run position there's a good chance the controller was damaged.

BigBubba

I did that all today to see if it will make a difference.
I’m no pro but I’m pretty sure it’s something simple like a wire not in right or something. But I thought I’d get some pro help here on the forum 🤓

BigBubba

The controller is the black box that everything mounts too?
And the arc was on my Dads cart not mine. And I’ll tell you it’s something you don’t forget lol

BigBubba

I’ve never had an arc on mine but I’m not saying the people before me didn’t.

when we got it it would lock up the wheels while driving and replaced the solenoid and that issue went away. So maybe that is why I thought all my issues were solenoid related, sorry I really am a noob lol

BigBubba

Yeah I was hopeful to not have to replace that lol.
I know they are costly.

do you think that is the issue though? Or would it be more likely a connection issue?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If ALL the connections are good the next thing I would look at is the micro switch that's located in the throttle box. The throttle box is under the floor mat behind the throttle pedal. You have to pull the mat up on the drivers side to get to it. Another thing is the key switch. I know you said you tested it by they can have intermittent connection problems. Try wiggling the key the next time the golf cart stops running and see what happens.

BigBubba

Seems like the issue was the wires coming from the micro switch, where they plug into the controller.
They were a tad loose and once tightened it’s been running like a champ!

I really appreciate your help!
Thanks so much!