Golf Cart Upgrade Time

Captbs32

I have a 2005 Club Car DS IQ 48v golf cart. All stock except I upgraded the battery cables to a 2AWG wire.
It's upgrade time and I have a $1000 budget and my goal is speed and torque. I live on a golf course that has some hills and I have a back seat that most of the time have the kids or dog back there.
Well, now my question, What should I do solenoid and controller or upgraded motor? Or would I have to do both if i did the Motor.
PLEASE, let me know your advice on brand and specs on what to get.
THANK YOU GUYS!!

precedent2011

If you have $1,000 to spend and already have the upgraded cables, I would go with all that you suggested. Buy a 400 amp solenoid ($80), 500 amp alltrax controller ($500) and D&D high torque motor or Plum Quick ($500). If you purchase together, you can probably get it for $1,000. If you can go another $250, you could have a FSIP high torque motor. I only installed a 300 amp Alltrax controller and speed went from 19 mph to 24. I have stock motor, solenoid, cables and tires and 18 month old batteries.

Captbs32

If you have $1,000 to spend and already have the upgraded cables, I would go with all that you suggested. Buy a 400 amp solenoid ($80), 500 amp alltrax controller ($500) and D&D high torque motor or Plum Quick ($500). If you purchase together, you can probably get it for $1,000. If you can go another $250, you could have a FSIP high torque motor. I only installed a 300 amp Alltrax controller and speed went from 19 mph to 24. I have stock motor, solenoid, cables and tires and 18 month old batteries.
Thank you for the info.
I am right down the road from Plum Quick. I have thought about them but thought I would consider other companies. Does D&D use the stock motor when they rebuild it?