golf cart sled pulling

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i have always said since the beginning that sled pulling could be something some guys would be interested in
dazed053.gif
the IGKRA had plans to build a sled but the deal fell through when no one had a support vehicle able to tow it or even welders and fab guys to build it
rolleyes.gif
garagebuilt had offered to donate the materials but the IG boys ran him off. once again gorno is posting lies on bgw about my feeling on this matter so lets see if there is any interest in this?
once again gorno is more than welcome to post his views here, the tractor pullers around here have events all summer that may be willing to allow GC's to be involved and use there equipment
dazed053.gif

maybe the IGKRA could use there influence and contact some of garden tractor pulling associations and try to set something up.

slim67

Ill go out on a limb here but drag racing doesnt interest me at all .... there I said it ! But Im not knocking anyone and hope the NGKRA all the success in the world just the same. Im into offroad riding and when a lot of guys growing up were into drag racing, I was into trucks,4x4s,quads,3 wheelers and dirt bikes. So naturally I liked going to see truck and tractor pulls, mud bogging, monster trucks etc. If you appreciate the HP of a funny car,then youd like pulling where their HP is as equal. Im sure just as many guys on this forum would be into pulling as much as drag racing. There are a lot of garden tractor pulls and their sleds would be ideal for carts.Plus a track can be set up anywhere unlike a dragstrip that are not always availlable.The safety factor would favor pulling also and you guys with a lot of fab talent could come up with some interesting stuff. For years the NTPA had a 2 wheel drive class that was funner to watch than 4 wheel modified/super modified. Thanks for posting this Nubs, I think people would be interested.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i'm into the drag racing for the engines and speed, but its gonna take a bit for it to catch on up here. i started building engines for pulling and racing garden tractors 20 yr ago and also grew up bustin' my toys in the mud and out in the woods
thumbup.gif

it sure would be a good way to get the whole golf cart deally O some run time in the mid west i'm thinkin', the NGKRA maybe interested in adding pulling to there events
dazed053.gif

slim67

I dont see why it would be that hard to use a cart for both events. At one point I remember seeing funny cars converted for pulling. Also what about sand drags? Thats a popular event at some off road functions.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
yep, theres grass and ice drags all yr long around here, fathers day weekend will hopefully be the Harley drag carts first run.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
another thing gorno said i didn't own.
well, its two piles of parts at the moment. its a 65 gasser with a ez go gas axle, honda 300ex front sub frame and a briggs v twin.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Not yet, i need to get this 49 chevy truck painted and out of the shop to free up some room. i'm starting on the engine this coming week so i guess i'll do a build thread and start with the engine and the pile of parts.

slim67

Ok that will different then the usual. I was curious if it was a cart powered by an Evolution V-twin.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
my kind of thinker, the goal is to have a cart set up to where the engine mount is quick change so in ten mins or so a fella could switch out power plants. i have an old shovel head sporty engine that the trans case is busted and was thinkin' about wackin' the trans off and runnin' a clutch off the crank it would look and sound cool i would think. plenty of balls thats for sure.

slim67

I think that would be a bad ass engine swap. Imagine 1340ccs with the harley sound in a cart. I dont know what the shaft size is though.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
the HD crank is 11/8 splined so a guy would have to do a little adaptin' but its way doable.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I thought you made some very nice posts about the IG, Nubs. In fact, I couldn't believe it at first.
rotflmao.gif
But it should show Gorno that you are not the bastard that you want everyone to believe.
rotflmao.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
to be honest with ya, i had wished them boys would have done something with the IG, its in my back yard damn near and the mid west has nuttin', i'm more willing to drive a couple hundy miles to play but i just can't see myself being able to relate to them plus i'm the evil doer