Golf Cart shutters

ricrhino

I have a 2004 Club Car with a lift kit and knobby tires. 48 v. I am new to Golf Carts and bought this one from a friend. It goes when you press the pedal most of the time. Some times it wont move and you have to press the pedal multiple times. IN addition, once moveing the cart seems to "vibrate" or hop as if it had a out of round tire. I raised the cart on jacks and spun the tires. One is slightly out but the rest are good. I feel like the motor is the cause. Anyone have a guess?

JRay

Cartaholic
How old are the batteries? I would check them all with a meter when that happens. Make sure all connections are clean and tight, full of water etc. Start with the basics. Mine will shudder like that when the batteries get too low, especially going up a hill.

ricrhino

Thanks. I did that and all are charged and read well. The cart will run through the neighborhood a good bit of time but always with that "lope".

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Take the cover off that covers the controller and OBC.

Take a look at the harness connector on the controller. Find the purple wireand make sure that is pushed in all the way into the plug.

If that checks out ok pull the floor mat up and remove the access panel to the pedal assembly. Check the plug ins for the MCOR, check the purple wire, but check all of them closely. make sure no dirt, corrosion is in those plug connections.

If everything checks out ok you could have a bad MCOR. With a ohm meter hooked to the 2 wires from the MCOR you should see 6K and decrease smoothly to 1K at full throttle.