Golf Cart Security for Theft

EZbuggy

I was wandering what everyone is doing for security to protect their golf cart from theft? Any alarms, security systems, etc.... What works best ??
I cruise around the neighborhoods and to the store where my cart is being left unattended....worried about someone stealing it.

Anybody use GPS trackers??

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I lock my golf carts up with a heavy cable and padlock when they will be sitting unattended during the week out at my cottage. I've seen carts with automotive alarms installed.
Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

EZbuggy

Yea HotRodCarts..that's what I use now just looking for something better that can't be cut thru with a decent set of bolt cutters...was thinking bout something like Onstar....LOL.....something that can track it, etc...that and maybe some type of audible alarm......just hard to choose something without knowing itt would really work..I have about 6000 in my cart and hate for some scumbag to get its hands on it....LOL

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Any 12 volt auto alarm will do the trick for a audible alarm...
As far as a tracking system goes I've never seen anyone install one on a golf cart but I don't seen any reason you couldn't.

oldsnow

This may help.

Warning
This Property Is Owned By
An Armed American Citizen
Nothing Here Is Worth Dying For !

dougmcp

51ga6Gu8ZiL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

S.E.R.

put a low-jack on it ....its a chip they install in the motors on heavy equipment it can be tracked with gps :twocents:

EZbuggy

LoJack don't work and you cant track it or anything. It only available in VERY LITTLE of the US.
I already looked into that. They don't use GPS they use radio frequencies....old technology that is like a direction finder....then you have to rely on cops to find it ONLY if you are in an area where cops have tracking computers in their vehicle.....google lojack coverage areas and you will see what I mean...i think its in little parts of 27 states .....not much use if you ask me....anyway...been lookin at some GPS Trackers..think I am gonna try one soon...maybe xmas present to myself...LOL

EZbuggy

Well...I posted this in the Club car forum also but just wanted to add it here as it seems to be more interest in this thread....just FYI....
Well..I treated myself for Xmas and got me a GPS Security Tracker for my cart.....I have been looking at different options and this one came highly recommended. It was very simple to install and operate. very cool...I played with it all weekend and very pleased with it so far.