Golf Cart Seat Belts

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
Seat belts in the rear for golf carts with the facing backwards seats. When ever anyone wants to ride in the back seat of my golf cart they must wear the seat belts. Because its much easier for the person to fall off.

spriddle

Post Decoder
Seat belts and roll bars go together on carts in my opinion. If your strapped in and the cart rolls, you've had it without a roll bar.

club car man

Advanced Member
That's the one bad thing about seatbelst. If you don't have somethin to support the cart if it rolls over, and your strapped in your gonna be dead or severly injured.

dvxman72

The only carts I've seen with roll bars are 2 seaters. Is there a roll bar that I can install for my cart with the backward facing seat. I do also think seatbelts are a must, I have seen kids fly off of the carts when they hit a bump. Luckily no has gotten hurt (yet).

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
dvxman72,

Check out the Alpha Carts link at the top of the page here. He has some nice cages with or without a back seat. I've seen a few other places that have them also. I'm not sure where your located but shipping may be a problem or costly....

JRay

Cartaholic
I have seat belts on my carts,my 5 year old grandson gets on and buckles up, second nature to these little guys , they grew up with it. I think they are a great safety item for the young or old. Old.. S--t did i say that..

Fairlane

P8200013.jpg

here is my cage with rear seat. Arturo's in Yuma Az. Mine is for sale

Glen

cerberus

...seats belts will hold you from going up in the air or sliding out while hitting a bump, but if the cart does roll you will be held to the cart, possibly with the cart landing upon you. A solid roll cage connected to major points on the cart is necessary with what we are doing with them now. A competition seat with a 4 or 5 point harness is needed to keep the driver and passanger secure withing the roll cage...

...this thought comes from experience this past weekend while at Bristol...

efusco

Does anyone have a source for seat belts for a rear flip flop seat (for my Star Car...expect anything that would work on an EZGo would work). I'd prefer a full width single belt rather than individual ones. Also prefer retractable if possible.

Fairlane

P8200001.jpg

Here's my new 4pt harnesses. They are made by Crow Ind. I think this was the best thing I've done yet. Don't worry about tosing my grandaughter out. The peace of mind was worth the $90.00.

Glen