Golf Cart Only Runs With Spark Tester Attached

Kupa4

My Club Car golf cart will only run with a spark tester attached. I've changed the coil, rev limiter and the coil wire end and now im not sure where to go from here. Its a 2002 Club Car with an FE290 engine.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Does the spark plug fire when its out and grounded to the engine? did you try a different plug?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
What exactly does your spark tester do hook to the
Spark plug wire and then have its own spark plug wire coming out so Series in the high-voltage section

Kupa4

My spark tester is a light bulb and it attaches to the plug and the coil wire attaches to the other end.

Diode

To me that would indicate a bad connection somewhere in the high-voltage section or the timing is off slightly or the spark tester has some sort of a gap that allows it to jump that prior to jumping at the spark plug.
Just for kicks set the spark plug at 40 Thousands

Diode

I would check the coil and the spark plug and set them lower than it supposed to be and higher than it supposed to be Clean and check the ground on the coil it’s obvious you have everything you need but something is not working together

dirtysouth

Spark plug wire end? Is the crimp tight when you push onto spark plug? Also check to,see if plug wire isn't grounding against something and when you have tester installed it's moving plug wire away from ground :twocents:
Shot in the dark :dazed:

Diode

Is the cap Still on the spark plug does the spark plug wire fit the Cap is the cap Supposed to be off

Kupa4

The old coil would quit after 10 minutes so i changed coil and rev limiter and put a new spark plug in. When I went to start it it popped through the carburetor so I put the spark tester on to check spark and it ran beautiful. When its cold it will start and run without the spark tester then it dies thats when you check spark with tester and it runs fine.