Golf Cart Lingo

Beagler

Reading as much about Electric carts as I can so I can get familiar. would like to understand What OBC and other Abbreviations Mean. Been reading a lot on forum but would like to better understand the conversations..Also where can I get Easiest access to wiring schematic for 91 club car with coils and wiper. V glide. Also have an 89 but it looks Identical . Having a ball playing with these carts. Have the aptitude
thumbup.gif
but little knowledge..
unsure.gif

Thanks gentleman
usaflag1.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
OBC = On Board Computer

There should be a wiring diagram for your Club Car in the Club Car Resource section of the forum.

Beagler

In your resource area you mention new battery break in. To run them to 50% or the max on new should be 36 min.

Could you explain better. I don't have meter so don't know battery level. Is that why you say max 36 min. I have run it twice for maybe 10 to 20 min. and charged it.. hope this isn't a problem.. This was before I read new Battery break in.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No that's not a problem. You don't want to run them down real low the first few charge cycles. Really you should always plug the cart in when you're done using it. Make sure you add distiiled water before the top of the plates get exposed.

Beagler

Ok Got It ! So just 4 or 5 cycles? Is it ok to run up to 1/2hr. between charging cycles? I thought it said first 25 cycles Maybe that was 2 to 5 cycles..

Haven't opened cells yet brand new. Shouldn't they already above plates. Ran it total of 40 min . Brand new took 3hr
charge and ran it 20 min second time about 2hr ran about 20 min another 2hr charge. So far a total of 7hrs charge.

BTW these are the duracell EGC2 at Sams Made by deka. Thanks Hot Rod
usaflag1.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I would stay around 1 hour runtime on the first 10 charge cycles. I'd check the cells just to be sure they are filled to proper level. Also only add water when the batteries are fully charged unless the plated are exposed. If the plates are exposed add just enough water to cover them then charge and fill the to the proper level after a full charge cycle. The most common causes of early battery failure is letting the plates get exposed and running the batteries completely dead.

Beagler

Thanks partner . You must be one busy guy.. Do you review all these every day?

I do appreciate your time and effort. Will have plenty other questions as I work through this new adventure call golf cart ownership. Thanks again.. Have a great week.
usaflag1.gif