Golf Cart Friendly

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I was told, just the other day, that the neighbors are going to get a petition going about the way I drive my cart and the noise it makes. I guess they aren't golf cart friendly.

So you know I am doing something right. :boxing:

gornoman

COPB could never go silent! LOL!!!

It just wouldn't work for him!

COPB, I always envisioned your Mexican casa as a lone house out on the playa somewhere. You've got neighbors????

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I am on the beach. I do have neighbors. :wallbash:

I have been deeply thinking "sparky."
But I do not want to throw money at a cart as I did with my Briggs conversion. However I need, at least, 25 MPH. On small wienies. Like I said, I do not want to go too deep in the pockets. So.....low rider.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Where should I start a thread about "What I should be looking for?"
I mean what I should be looking for besides that magic triangle. Cause I do love that. :p

gornoman

My cart with a speed motor would get you to 25mph no problem. Heck, I'm going 22mph now, 48v on the stock motor, street tires.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I remember you added 2 more batteries. Did you have to upgrade the controller. So what am I looking for? A 48 volt Club Car? There was a guy selling one up the street that had 48 V but it needed new batteries and he wanted 1500.

I have an old westy sitting out back right now.

gornoman

My controller had allready been upgraded to the Alltrax AXE 4844 the year before, so the bump to 48v was pretty easy. What you want for speed AND torque is a 36v cart that has been bumped to 48v. The carts that come from the factory with 48v aren't any faster than the 36v carts (to my knowledge) becuase they are turning 48v motors. You want to turn a 36v motor with 48v.

JRay

Cartaholic
My 90 resistor cart runs 22 gps. 36 volt motor 22in. tires. It ran 18 until i converted it to 48. There was very little torque until i switched, it has plenty now. My 02 iq. cart runs the same speed with good torque also.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
How bout this. I get a 48 and then buy a 36 motor? A 48 charger costs, around, 450. I suppose a new motor costs that too. I have absolutely no knowledge about this.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Huh? When we were kids we always used it for another word for a certain type of girl.
Men's underwear? I'll be damned!

JRay

Cartaholic
Hmm, Ginch huh, doesn,t say much for the girls you go with, what was that old, dirty, worn out? Anyway back to carts, what you trying to do play golf with that 18 in your cart? All kinda funny though,gas carts do bring a few complaints, i need to buy one. You all will look good driving that Westie on the course. Got back to mi. today colder than hell up here. OH, the north shore in minny sodder is close to canada thats probably where the ginch thing came from LOL

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I never thought of that. We had a lot of Canadian influence in my home town. No kidding, I remember peoply saying "eh?" myself included.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
But don't you remember the song; "KOOKIE, KOOKIE, LEND ME YOUR COMB"?
"Baby, your the ginchiest." Last line of the song.