Golf Cart Disc Brake Kit

Catman11

There is a new disc brake available for golf cars. It just came out so not many dealers know about it yet. It is a replacement disc brake for the rear drum brakes. Stops a car a lot faster than the drums and it is a much cheaper option than the hydraulic disc brakes.

We put it on a 2003 Club Car with 25" tires. With 4 guys on it, we could lock them up easy.

Catman11

Another cool thing about this kit is the EZGO kit has a hard steel spline hub. They say it won't strip out like the EZGo drums do.

Catman11

They worked great on our lifted Club Car.

Walkntall - any chance you are putting them on a EZGO. I'd be curious how they work.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
they look like a nice buget set but im not going to put them on any fast cart we will use 4 wheel hydraulics from wheels ca

Catman11

Another friend just put them on a stock EZGO 2+2. With 4 guys on it, we stopped in half the distance that the drums did. They are a huge improvement and it only took about 30 mins to put them on.
For EZGOs the brake kit comes with a hardened hub so the splines won't strip out anymore.

I have them on my EZ and they work great!! My cart goes 36-40 and the drum brakes wouldn't lock it up when needed. So the first run I got on the golf course trail and opened it up and the brakes locked right up!! This is a great setup!!

WALKNTALL

Yes, we have put them on Club Car and EZGO so far and they work really well for mechanical brakes. You can lock up big mud tires, you can't ask for much more than that. I have 2 Yamaha's lined up to install them on, we'll see how that goes.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
it looks like a good upgrade for the money, and if its easy to install all the better. you can always make up some brackets and mount hyd calipers down the road if ya wanted.

made in the USA :usa::thumbsup:

Catman11

Not to mention this is actually a brake company. Not some company selling something else that decided one day to start making a brakes.