Golf Cart Battery Care

George T

I'm new to owning a golf cart and I bought a 2015 Club Car Precedent 48v electric, it has new batteries, Trojan Major T875. What charging routine should I follow - charge after each use (approx. 1-2 mile ride) or wait until the low battery light come on? As I don't play golf it won't see a golf course.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you won't be using the golf cart again for the day after your 1-2 mile ride charge them. Trojan Batteries website has a good article on battery maintenance.

MurphyGuy

Unlike most other battery chemistries, lead acid batteries last the longest when they remain fully charged. Our golf cart is used on a small farm and normal daily use is about a mile or less. We don't charge it every time we come back, but we do charge it every night.. its the last thing I do in the evening.

If your golf cart's life consists of very short trips like ours, you should take it for a real ride at least every other week or so. Load the batteries down and drive hard for four or five miles, then charge it. Don't forget to check water and fill with distilled.