General Lift Questions

Dibbs

I’ve installed a rear seat on my Yamaha gas G29 Drive, it’s clear I need heavy duty springs ASAP. During which I thought it would make sense to look at a lift kit along with the springs. This is a neighborhood cart used for running up & down a steep hill to the lake/boat. But, no rough terrain except some deep potholes & a sandy beach area.

I’m looking for a more aggressive look out of the cart so I’m thinking 6” but I will sacrifice height for ride quality & stability.
Most important to me is that my wife will still feel comfortable driving the cart & it's still be enjoyable & easy to ride (even after a couple of beers). :cheers: (But with a better look of course)

I have a couple of questions
What are the advantages of a A Arm lift Vs. a spindle lift?
How much will handling be affected by a lift in the 3” – 6” range?
Will steering radius be significantly affected?
I was looking at All Sports but they don't have a kit smaller than 6" for the G29.

Thanks for your help!

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
We do have 1inch and 3 inch I believe for your cart. Not sure why they're not advertised yet. We make a spindle lift also in 4-5-6 inch. If you're just cruising campgrounds spindle lifts are fine. A-arm lifts look better and perform better than spindles. Our a arm kits are very stable. You also might not need hd springs out back after you lift cart.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
I wouldn’t lift over 3” unless LT kit. Drives are very unstable lifted. Google poor handling Yamaha Drive G29 YDRE and you will see many post concerning this. I made spacers for my rear springs and worked perfect. Saved that $100+
Unstable with a spindle lift. A arm lift is as stable as stock

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
No disrespect. We spent a lot of time on the drive lift. We also sell spindle lifts for them because the market demands it. I personally don't like them.

Kirbster

Madjax, SGC, etc. I actually thought Allsports only made a spindle and a LT for the Drive but see they do have a A arm lift. I’m have no experience with it. As terrible as Drives handle I would still recommend the LT.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
Madjax, SGC, etc. I actually thought Allsports only made a spindle and a LT for the Drive but see they do have a A arm lift. I’m have no experience with it. As terrible as Drives handle I would still recommend the LT.
Our a arm lift is very stable. The companies you mention have pretty much knocked off our Club Car Precedent lift and some have modified it to fit other brand carts. Not a good design by any means unless it's a Precedent.

Kirbster

None taken. That is good to know. Drives are a bitch to get dialed in lifted over 3” w/ the cheap lifts witch many get due to $$$ going toward wheels, tires, etc. I definitely believe Allsports products are superior.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
None taken. That is good to know. Drives are a bitch to get dialed in lifted over 3” w/ the cheap lifts witch many get due to $$$ going toward wheels, tires, etc. I definitely believe Allsports products are superior.
You're spot on about wheels and tires. Folks care more about them than the lift. Thanks for the compliment, we strive for excellence.
It's paid off. We manufacture for Club Car and Ezgo.

Kirbster

I’ve never heard someone mention a Allsports A arm lift. Allsports LT, yes, all the time and it’s all positive. Just a couple hundred bucks more for Allsports A arm. I’m going to have to try it. If the thing is three wheeling, Florida is a short trip for me..lol.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
Would like to clear something up. We man. spindle lifts, but with the axle centerline in line with the king pin center line. This allows our spindle lift to be more controlled than our competition but spindle lifts should never be used on any utility style vehicle or any cart that exceeds 19 mph.
Thank You,
Steve Wagner
All Sports Mfg., Inc.