Gas Yamaha G29 Won't Start Up After Sitting for 6 Months

tfo2020

Gas Yamaha G29 cart was running fine when it went to storage in April 2020 and after sitting for 6 months it won't start up.

I don't have a wiring diagram but have done some basic trouble shooting and now am looking for ideas-
Battery is a 2019 which was removed and stored indoors in AC and has a 1 day old full charge of 12.9V
Because the battery was removed and reinstalled it was one of the few "changes" so I checked and rechecked and cleaned both battery terminal connections and cleaned and reinserted the negative side connection and pigtail (where does that pigtail go to? -I traced as far as I could and didn't determine)
Key on, pedal down no click at starter solenoid.
Checked all fuses I could locate- all good.
12 V Voltage is present at input of solenoid but not output.
Jumped from input to output of solenoid and cart fired up so I suspected solenoid and removed it and bench tested it - coil resistance about 14 ohms- it clicks and terminal close (continuity between in and out) with 12 volts +/-applied to control side- so solenoid tested good? re-installed
Still 12V in and nothing out.
Found control voltages on both sides of solenoid at 12V with key on and pedal down.
Removed and cleaned connector up stream- no change.
Removed and cleaned connector at relay - no change.
Removed and cleaned connector at regulator - no change
Opened floor and checked function of accelerator switch (toggled open closed with pedal) cleaned connector and reinstalled.
Found return spring off drive shaft post on brake switch- re connected and checked switch function - (it toggled open closed with pedal)
There appears to be a relay cobbled into this switch wiring - (I found more and varying types of connectors then normal and relay was laying there - not mounted?) but connections seemed to be fine- what is this relays function? (any info is more than I have)

As of now my best guess is the engine stop relay or the regulator as they are both common to solenoid connection? Ideas for how to verify good or bad? Or possibly a fault in the chassis ground? (where is/are the tie points?- add a jumper? )

I thought about jumping negative side of starter solenoid with line to the negative side of the battery?
Thanks for any input!

Zman

Cartaholic
That pigail has to be hooked up it is a ground. There should be a black cover over solenoid assembly, remove it and there should be a loose wire there in harness. Also check the inline fuse near the battery.

tfo2020

Thanks for reply- pigtail is hooked up. I cleaned it and reconnected several times. I located three in line fuses near battery and all checked good. By black cover near solenoid do you mean the access panel? it has been removed- so far I havent located a loose wire?

Zman

Cartaholic
So when you push down on pedal you should have 12 volts to small red wire to solenoid. the other wire is ground. do you have 12 volts?

Zman

Cartaholic
If you do then there is a ground problem, hench look for a black wire to ground cable not making good contact or not hooked up.

tfo2020

yes- with key and pedal down I have + 12 on the positive side of the (small redwhite wire) but also on the side that shoud be ground (-)

Zman

Cartaholic
You have a ground wire problem, jump b- to negative side of battery and push on gas pedal and see if it works.

tfo2020

With the black wire removed from the negative side of solenoid and replaced with a jumper to neg post of battery i was able to operate normally

tfo2020

Zman- appreciate the reinforcement to add the jumper. I pulled apart the wire bundle and revisited the fuse in the negative line. The socket was corroded so I cut it out and jumped it, the cart ran so I installed a new socket and fuse and I'm back in business. Thanks again!

buchrob

Electrics seem to be a weak spot here. Every time I wash the cart, the brake lights come hard on. Replaced the brake switch, same problem.