gas or electric?

smlranger

I've got a '99 TXT 4 stroke with lift kit, running boards, etc. and love it. Wife wants a cart of her own for birthday. So, will be headed to local EZGO/Yamaha dealer tomorrow to scope out re-conditioned cars. My choice would be gas but she is asking about electric. Some of our neighbors have electric cars but they don't seem to have the power. I know you can add high output motors, etc, but if you are comparing stock golf cars, what are the real differences?

spr

Honestly i prefer electric, imo there's less things to go wrong like clutch, carburetor, etc. and they are also quiet. and when something does break its easier to figure out and most of the time easier to replace. and im not sure but my 70's club car can pull anything or go anywhere just so long as it gets traction

JRay

Cartaholic
Pros and cons to both. She can test drive both and see what she what she likes. You know she will get what she wants.
rotflmao.gif

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Most importantly!!! How far will she drive the cart? Electrics are great, but for long range, gas is the way to go.
twocents.gif
tip.gif

smlranger

We live in a lake neighborhood so not uncommon to put the dogs in the cart and drive around for several miles.....maybe 5 mile round trip. When we go to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach, SC we rent their electric cars and appreciate their quiet and smooth performance. However, we have lots of hills. My local EZGO dealer has a bunch of 2003 4 strokes and does a complete rebuild of the car, paints it any color you want, adds lights, folding windshield, and a back seat for about $3300 or less. I did not inquire about the cost of electric.

divot61

pros and cons like jray said, i perfer gas, but, when the boss says she wants an electric cart you better get her one, thats just my
twocents.gif
my ol lady likes the gas, in her words " it has big ba**s! for hill climbing" just quoting my boss
tongue.gif