Gas flooding Problem

dsan1

Hi everyone, my name is Doug and this is my first day here on Cartaholics. I've been reading quite
a few posts and I'm convinced there is someone who can help me with this.

My friend has a 1996 Club Car with what I believe to be a Kawasaki engine and I have been chosen
to repair and fix his cart for him in trade for his computer skills fixing my PC when I can't do it myself.

He just put a new carb on it and when you try to start it, it'll start, and then gas comes out from
from vent tube, and coming out the main air intake. And also from the valve cover tube.

I thought it was probably the float sticking or needed to be reset. So I open it up, but I don't see
how to set the float. Is there a way to adjust the length on the needle valve to set the float?
wallbash.gif

I admit openly about not knowing a damn thing about these carts. I am very comfortable working on any of my cars or trucks, but this is a new experience for me. Spark, air, fuel. Also too, I noticed
that the gas coming from the engine is black with oil.

What do I do next so I don't look like a complete idiot !
dazed053.gif

Doug

shadowman

1996 those carbs are what i call throw aways............................new ones are cheap enough it dosn,t pay to put the time into them but if your gonna, the float adj. is nothing more than a little metel tab that you need to bend with needle nose pliers.........be careful you don,t break the tab................its the tab that lets the float needle go up and down, also you need to tear it all the way down and go over every hole in every jet don,t forget the main jet and use a compressor to blow thur every opening..........................if its not in the carb you can check the fuel pump and filters.............make sure filters are on in right direction................its a start.........................................
thumbup.gif

shadowman

all that stuff is in the service manual so if someone here could scan a few pages and throw them up other than that you,ll need the manual, check around this site i do beleive theres a section with diagrams and things of that nature.............good luck with it...........................
thumbup.gif

dsan1

Just to let you all know, I got the problem fixed. And yes! it was a stuck needle under the float. Also too, I wanted to let everyone out there aware that when I took the "BRAND NEW" carb off and removed the bowl, the float was just floating around in there un-attached. Apparently was never attached at the factory.
Anyway, thanks for all of the help guys !

Doug
thumbup.gif

shadowman

thanks for posting your findings.......i wish everyone would.......i can,t tell you how many new carbs i have had problems with right out of the box................thats why i take every new one apart and check it before i install it ....................saves me from having gto take it off a 2nd or 3rd time which is a real pain in the rump and turns a 15 minute job into 3 hours...................................
thumbup.gif