Gas Club Car stalling with load

Jimmy c

I have an 06 model gas Club Car cart that had sever minor issues and thanks to this Forum, I was able to troubleshoot and resolve. The issue I am having now is that when you load it up with (4) people and some gear, it stalls, lessen the load and you have no problems. I was wondering if these carts lave a load limit switch that prevents it from running when loaded up, please let me know and if so, can this be disconnected without harm to cart, thanks Jimmy

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
When you say stalls can you be a little more specific. Does the golf cart run with the heavy load then suddenly stall? Or does it not start at all with the heavy load? There is no load limit switch. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Jimmy c

It runs fine with (2) people and regular load, but when add additional (2) people and and ice chest and beach chairs, starts to go, then kills, can put in reverse and starts again, then switch to forward then runs a short distance then kill again, remove the (2) back people, then runs fine all day.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Okay the reason I asked about the clutches is they can cause the engine to bog down especially with a load if they're not working properly.

Nubs

Cartaholic
So your saying when it stalls it will not restart in forward? that makes no sense to me, nothing changes in the run circuit from forward to reverse. sounds like its running out of fuel, the tank vent is blocked or maybe restricted fuel pickup tube in the tank.

Jimmy c

there is no fuel issue or restrictions in fuel and it does not bog due to load, it just cuts out like you turn a switch off, I can move the selector switch to reverse and it starts again, then switch back to forward will start and go a short distance, then kill again. Remove the 2 back passengers and cart will run fine all day long without killing. I know this sounds strange, but driving me nuts to resolve this issue. That is the reason I asked about some type of safety load limit switch that would shut engine down if has too much load to prevent any other type of damage to engine or drive train.

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
Just started looking at this, and not that familiar with club cars but is there a chance the [2] people on the rear seat could be making the car drop enough and shorting out the starter or hitting one of the terminals? If my memory serves me right isn't the starter on club cars to the rear and on top of motor and maybe the extra weight is dropping the frame or something in that general area to where it could short a terminal? Just thinking out load most of my experience is on other brand where starter is down front.

Nubs

Cartaholic
I think you may be on to something with a starter post etc contacting with the frame or.

Jimmy c

quite possible, I will have to check it next time I go to my camp, that could be the case, thanks for all the feed back and when I get to checking that I will let you all know, again thanks for the reply's and advise, Jimmy