G16 Vanny Build...

Good Morning!! I've read the forums here and other places without ever posting. Figured I would share my newest build. Yamaha G16 with a built Briggs & Stratton Vanny... Many of my parts are backordered so parts have just been trickling in here and there so progress will be slow until they arrive. I'm currently waiting on heads, brakes, long travel kit, and seats. This is what I'm starting with.20200607_164700.jpg
20200607_164710.jpg
20200607_163923.jpg

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Welcome:hattip::usa:

Do tell more, 16 18 20 23hp? are you having head work done? what drive clutch are you going to be using. stock carb and intake or

Howdy!! Its a 18hp, Carrier Performance model 38 heads, ported, larger SS valves, Rev kit. Cheetah cam, flat top wiseco pistons, billet rods and flywheel. I am kicking around the idea of twin 28mm mikuni for the ease of tuning. I've got a comet 780r clutch I was going to start with, not sure how it will handle this twin.....

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Nice!
We tried 28mm flat sides on a 23hp with #30 heads and they wouldn't feed it enough air, went to 36mm round slides and all was well. The #38 head chambers are wider then the 18/20 bore so you may want to match the bore to the chamber and trim the head gasket, otherwise there's a lip for carbon to build up and does interfere a bit with the fuel charge gettin' down the bore:twocents:

Awesome, I appreciate the info! I will for sure match my gaskets to alleviate that issue. I have access to the ec 2 barrel kit but wasn't sure about the tuneablity of that carb. I really like the idea of being able to tune each cylinder individually...

Am I the only one that will mock something up and then stare at it forever? Just to run probable fitment issues through my head before its even remotely close to being done? In this case, my carb setup. I just don't think I'm gonna have the room for twin mikuni's..

20200620_164819.jpg

Well, file fit my rings and checked clearances at rod journals. Ugh!! Undersized clearances 🤨.... Stopped me dead. I'm running the ARC rods, now i gotta call them and see if they offer a different bearing. Joy!!

Man, talk about getting away from a project. Summer just took over and stole all my time. I got back on the cart this week and realized the cart was wrecked and the frame was tweaked pretty good up front. So much that from the drivers front bumper mount to the passenger there was a 3/4 difference when measuring from my engine plate. I ended up having to cut the frame on both sides and sleeve it to get it squared back up. While I had the frame cut i extended it an inch and realigned the steering box so the column would be centered back up through the dash.20201028_153952.jpg20201028_162828.jpg20201028_162839.jpg20201031_122654.jpg20201031_175153.jpg

Zman

Cartaholic
I have customer doing the 22 hp vegas gas set up on his G22, he has lifted it and is waiting for a ford bronco body kit. sounds like it will be awesome. He said he drove it the other day after putting in high speed gears and he shut it down at 44 mph before he ran out of common sense.....

I have customer doing the 22 hp vegas gas set up on his G22, he has lifted it and is waiting for a ford bronco body kit. sounds like it will be awesome. He said he drove it the other day after putting in high speed gears and he shut it down at 44 mph before he ran out of common sense.....

lol, I have the high speed gears as well but I want to play a little with the stock gears before I make the swap.

Was able to put a little time in on the build. Was able to install thead inserts and mount the brush guard and light assemblies. Pulled the steering wheel and put on the column cover and installed the dash. So much more to do....

20201104_183002.jpg

Hoping my machine shop finally calls with my engine parts so I could get cracking on that build.

20201104_182951.jpg