G14A Need to choke engine to run full open

tlang

Engine idles well, and will be ok at low speeds, but as soon as I give full throttle, I need to pull the choke in order to keep the engine going. No power without the choke.

BadToTheBone

Take the carb apart and give it a good cleaning and blow it out with a compressor. Make sure you there is no air leaks at the carb mount and the air cleaner box.

wicked872

same thing happened to me and i about pulled my hair out, turns out it was the fuel cap, how i found out was it would run fine after i put fuel in it, the vent in the cap wasnt working, i took off the cap and heard a rush of air , if the vent doesnt work it cannot suck fuel as it has to get air in to pull fuel out

Tuck

My G-14 is doing the same thing. none of the suggestions helped. I'm thinking the vacuum fuel pump isn't pulling fuel - operating with choke open sucks the fuel in. Anybody know whether there is an electric fuel pump that will work on these?

Im sure you all heard this. But if the air box isn't tight the cart will only run with the choke on!
usaflag1.gif

moose_102

MINE WAS DOING THE SAME THING. WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IS REMOVE THE SMALL JET BELOW THE FLOAT, IT BUILDS CORROSION INSIDE THE ORIFICE, REAM THIS OUT WITH A .034 DRILL BIT BY HAND. I CLEANED MINE WITH CARB CLEANER AND BLEW IT OUT BUT THAT DID NO GOOD. mINE RUS GREAT NOW, HOPE YOUR DOES TOO.