G1 oil pump

Beek

My Yamaha G1 golf cart has an adjustment bolt in top center of the oil pump. I removed it by mistake thinking it was the bleeder valve. What's the correct setting? Turns in or out?

TDAWG

I have been reading in the Yamaha service manual for the G1. I dont see where it says that there is an adjustment for the oil output. I could be reading it wrong, but it is my interpretation that the output of oil is regulated by engine rpm and exaust pressure. If you have some more info on this I would like to know. Like I said, I could be reading it wrong.

Beek

Yes, I have a manual also and it doesn't talk about this adjustment but the bolt has a plastic retaining cup with little notches under it with a spring that pushes up over the bolt head. To turn the bolt in or out you must push the plastic cup down. When the cup is released you can't turn the bolt so I'm assuming it's an adjustment for how much oil is being put out by the pump. That's my thinking anyway.

TDAWG

Send Chompy a PM. He has helped me out in the past with some G1 stuff. I would bet he can answer your question. I would also like to know the answer since the manual is a little unclear about it.

Hotwheels

There is no adjustment on the oil injection system for the G1 just need to bleed it, I would not pre=mix the fuel. It would smoke way to much if you use it for Golfing. stinks to much. Book calls for 150 to 300 to 1 it is self regulating they say they never go bad. But mine did and it seized my engine I will install a new pump and I think it will be good to go for 20 some years. Art

wndwlkr

I didn't trust mine after the overhaul, so i just premix 50:1 amsoil dominator. no smoke & runs good. at least i know it's getting oil !