g-16 driven clutch?

wifeh8tsit

does anyone know how to preload a fact spring in the driven clutch.
i have recently lowered my cart from being lifted and heard that the spring needs to be preloaded.

could anyone tell me how to do that?
dazed053.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The stock setting is hole 4 on the seat and hole B on the sliding sheave. Preload is clockwise one notch.

It should already be set correctly unless someone has been in there and changed it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's hard to explain but once you have it apart you'll see what I'm talking about. The spring needs to be preloaded regardless if the cart is lifted or not so chances are it's already set right.

Are you having a problem with it?

wifeh8tsit

Yes , i put a power spring and machined sheave on it when it was lifted and now i want to put the factory spring and sheave back in. i understand the settings that you told me i just don't understand the preload. do you mean put it all together slide it on the shaft and push it straight in far enough to put the key way back in or do you have to twist the spring? or what.

i know im a pain in the rear. (sorry)

when i built this cart i know everything about it except for the motor and drive train than im lost.

wifeh8tsit

Never mind i figured it out and just for the recored it runs much better in position c/4.
biggrin.gif

thanks for everyones help.